Airswift has been tasked by one of our major clients in the Oil & Gas Industry to seek a Project Planner Scheduler to work in their facilities located in Lima, Ohio for a 1-year contract.
The Planner/Scheduler reports to the Lima Refinery Project Controls Manager. The role is assigned to support the Lima Refinery Project Management Team by preparing and maintaining multiple project schedules from feasibility studies to the planning and implementation phases to ensure that projects present a realistic schedule and reliable execution plans and ensuring key stakeholders are informed and aligned.
Throughout the life cycle of the projects, the Project Planner/Scheduler liaises with various stakeholders such as: members of Project Management, Engineering, Finance, Corporate Project Services, Construction and Operations teams, external EPC contractors and external construction contractors and therefore will be required to understand and be able to communicate the full project scope of work.
Day to day responsibilities:
This role will be working with both third-party contractors and internal clients and requires strong customer service and communication skills to align with the needs of the individual project managers and Major Projects leadership.
• Develop resource-loaded level I, II, III & IV integrated project schedules under the direction of the Project Manager.
• Build & maintain the master schedule for the Lima Refinery project portfolio.
• Integrate schedules of EPC firms and construction and establish logical work sequences to fit priorities identified by Project Execution strategy.
• Organize and facilitate interactive project planning sessions.
• Coordinate with estimating and project cost specialists for cost & schedule alignment.
• Consolidate the progress and performance reporting for the project from EPC and construction; support construction management team (CMT) for monitoring construction progress.
• Produce reports and analysis using Primavera and other system and coordinate the schedule interface between all groups as well as identifying problems and making recommendations to project managers.
• Report baseline schedules against plan (dashboard) and provide management reports as requested by project manager.
• Interface with supply chain management for schedule activity inclusion and progress updates.
• Participate in developing planning/scheduling related procedures and template
• Review schedule data, identify and acquire information needed to complete work logics to interface between all stakeholders.
• Ensure all schedule changes are documented through change management system as per project requirement.
• Create and present schedule basis for assigned integrated schedules.
• Perform manpower resource loading for assigned schedules if required.
• Participate in yearly work planning meetings with area portfolio managers.
• Perform critical path analysis and identify and report activities which have critical or potential impact on schedule
Previous education & experience required:
Bachelor's degree in engineering, technical, or equivalent related experience
• Minimum of 5 years of Planning & Scheduling experience in the engineering, construction, project management of Oil & Gas related projects
• Superior working knowledge of Primavera
• Thorough knowledge of Engineering, Supply Chain, Fabrication and Construction processes as part of project execution
• Excellent planning, time management, problem-solving and analytical skills
• Prior involvement in project completion and turnover, and understanding of applicable requirements for successful turnover to operations
• Development and implementation of supply chain, engineering and construction for Oil & Gas, refining, petrochemical or upgrading industry projects +5 years
• Intermediate computer skills in MS Office Products (Adobe, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Nice to haves:
• Post-Secondary qualification in quality management or equivalent
• Project Management Institute - Scheduling Professional designation (PMI-SP)
• Expertise using Power BI to analyze and present project controls data
Should you be interested in this exciting opportunity with a major company please apply to this advert with your up-to-date resume. Please note that there is no per diem or relocation provided.