Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Our client, a major O&G company, is seeking an IT Project Manager Sr to work within their facilities located in Houston for a year long contract with extension.
- Identify and schedule project deliverables, milestones, and required activities and tasks.
- Identify, track, and monitor interdependencies within and across multiple workstreams.
- Provide leadership and motivation to project team members throughout the project life cycle and confer with project staff to outline a work plan.
- Act as a coach to junior project managers, executives and others who need assistance and advice regarding project management practices.
- Establish a work plan and staffing for project activities, iterations, or phases, and arrange for recruitment or assignment of project personnel per approved vendor management process.
- Partner with respective Workstream Leads and McKinsey Coaches on prioritization and sequencing of initiatives and iterations.
- Analyze project proposals to determine a time frame, funding limitations and appropriate processes for accomplishing projects.
- Perform resource loading and leveling in workplan, identify and communicate resource constraints to Workstream Lead.
- Work with the Change Management team to ensure change readiness for workstream.
- Assist with third party resource needs per the approved vendor management process and in line with approved budget.
- Conduct risk assessment and develop mitigation plans as required.
- Communicate risks and issues to the relevant Workstream Leads and McKinsey Engagement Managers.
- Monitor project activities, ensuring the currency, quality, and integrity of information, while providing consistency in content and “look and feel” across the organization.
- Ensure that project goals are in line with Business Transformation objectives and that project goals are achieved.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of project personnel to ensure projects progress on schedule and within budget.
- Review initiatives status in Wave and modify schedules or plans as required.
- Baseline workplan, track and update schedule changes and communicate impact.
- Define critical path for support area, track and communicate any changes.
- Follow established standards and procedures for project reporting and documentation.
- Benchmark project performance continuously to identify the potential for improvements and increase capability in project management.
- Partner with Workstream Leads to provide project status updates in the TMO meetings.
- Monitor and report defined project KPIs.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science, Business Management, or equivalent experience.
- 7 or more years in managing complex projects.
- Proficient in managing projects or programs using a variety of project execution methodologies.
- Proficient with MS Project, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; expertise in setting and managing customer expectations.
- Strong stakeholder management skills and experience in successfully working with senior level leadership.
- Effective analytical skills with an ability to identify issues and resolve.
- Ability to prioritize multiple project deliverables, deliver on commitments and use sound business judgment.
- Experience in leading and working with diverse teams.
- Excellent collaboration partnering skills, facilitation and influencing skills.
- Experience in leading a team.
- Proven experience in an environment requiring attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs, with the ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence.
- Ability to support a resource plan by mapping future demand to forecast project completions in the project portfolio.
- Oil & gas experience
- PMP Certification