Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Our client is seeking a Project Manager to work within their facilities located in Edmonton, AB, for a 12-month assignment.
This candidate will manage complex technical projects valued up to $10MM focused on the enhancement and integration of Enbridge’s Control, SCADA and Leak Detection systems. This position will facilitate the development of technical solutions with key project stakeholders and ensure best practice change management procedures are followed when new systems are modified, deployed, or integrated.
- Performs fulltime project management activity for projects ranging in scope and cost up to $10MM. Proactively manages scope, cost, schedule, and risk to ensure maximum value is delivered to stakeholders while minimizing cost and optimizing schedules.
- Executes projects in accordance with the established Corporate standards following both standard waterfall and agile methods where appropriate.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of Control Systems, SCADA, and Leak Detection processes, best practices, standards, as well as control and operating procedures.
- Show capacity of balancing priorities, constraints, and objectives of multiple simultaneous projects.
- Provides directed, well defined project mandates, supplemented with documentation, scheduling, budgeting, and ongoing project analysis as required.
- Develops and implements change management process, procedures, and tools to ensure that deployment is seamless and that critical systems are not disrupted.
- Develops business cases for new projects and operational initiatives.
- Applies senior level project and organizational knowledge, leadership, and active facilitation to enable effective execution of project activities.
- Perform continuous evaluation of internal processes to ensure efficient and priority-based execution of related projects; identify and propose process improvements as required.
- Prepare status reports and delivers presentations to senior management and key stakeholders.
- Facilitate successful resolution of outstanding concerns or issues within projects, escalating as appropriate.
- Review and approve project deliverables.
- Initiate, support, and develop strategies for continuing process improvement initiatives within the PCSLD department.
- Provide governance and enforcement of project processes and standards:
o Schedules, reporting, project financials
o QC, QA, and compliance norms.
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering or Computer Science from a recognized post-secondary institution - an equivalent combination of education and experience, such as with a Registered Engineering Technologist or similar accreditation may be accepted
- Strong understanding of Control Systems, SCADA, and Leak Detection processes, best practices, standards, as well as control and operating procedures.
- Eligible to register as a P. Eng. in the Province of Alberta is an asset
- Project Management Professional (PMP) is an asset.
- 5 - 10 years of progressive project management experience, depending on technical education, accreditations, and competency development
- Demonstrated technical competence in at least one of the engineering disciplines, with the ability to overview and/or practice in other disciplines