We are currently recruiting for a Project Manager to manage two wind farm projects for our client who operate in construction predominantly in the renewable energy sector. The position will be based in Melbourne with regular trips to wind farm sites in regional Victoria.
Location – Melbourne
- Regular site travel to major wind farms in regional Victoria (non-FIFO)
- Travel and accommodation provided
Duration – Fixed term contract until the end of 2020 (possible extensions)
Start date – ASAP
- Overseeing and managing all project deliverables (scope of work focussed around heavy lift operations)
- Organising and managing project staff, delivery of materials and equipment.
- Identifying, evaluating and assessing risk and opportunities, strategies and response activities.
- Staff management of all personnel related to project delivery.
- Achieving efficiency on the use of labour and equipment.
- Ensuring implementation of HSE and quality plans and practices to put in place a culture of safety first.
- Reporting on all aspects of project performance.
- Participating in regular sites visits as per critical project milestones.
- Capturing and communicating lessons learnt for Project team.
- Ensuring that the financial results optimize the project gross profit, cash flow and assets and financing instruments.
- Responsible for establishing and monitoring of project budget.
- Actively communicating with subcontractor representatives.
- Representing the project in the relevant decision boards internally and externally.
- Actively communicating with internal teams (e.g Engineering team, Commercial Team, Procurement team, Sales team).
- Project management experience on major construction projects
- Wind farm experience would be highly regarded but not mandatory
- Heavy lift experience would be highly regarded but not mandatory
- Tertiary qualifications in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Flexibility to travel as required (mainly regional Victoria)
Please apply if you hold the above qualifications and experience. Due to the high volume of applications, unfortunately only successful candidates will be contacted.