The purpose of this role is to project manage prioritized, strategic projects (medium complexity) throughout the project life cycle to ensure project objectives are achieved. Role may be accountable for Project Management, Change Management, Facilitation and / or other project support services for identified priority projects.
- Participate in all phases of project management (initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and closeout), ensuring key project management components are addressed (e.g. scope definition, cost / benefit analysis, communications plan, risk log, sustainment plan, etc.)
- Manage the project within prescribed constraints of scope, cost and schedule.
- Partner with internal Project Leads to deliver successful outcomes to Business / Process / Integration type projects.
- Promote the Project Support team and its capabilities by meeting and exceeding the needs of our clients and ensuring projects are delivered per business requirements.
- Act as mentor for other members of the Project Support team to provide cross sharing and coaching.
- Provide and / or co-ordinate change management and employee engagement activities to ensure that systems, processes, and procedures are implemented in a sustainable manner.
- Keep company management informed of project status through ongoing contact, communication and presentations.
- Act as a project resource on other Company or Corporate projects or initiatives to provide insight into, and resolution for, project interdependencies
- University degree or college diploma, with 4 - 6 years of project management experience. An equivalent combination of formal education and experience may be considered.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Designation is an asset.
- Solid understanding of project management methodology and proven facilitation experience, including session design and delivery.
- Strong leadership skills and experience with change management initiatives and the ability to influence others.
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills. (separate bullet)
- Sophisticated knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, SharePoint, MS Project, PowerPoint) required.
- This position is comprised of both office and field work (90%-10%, respectively).
- Some self-scheduled travel may be required in order to support workshops / project launches.