Airswift has been tasked by one of our clients, an environmental services company to seek for a Project Manager to work within their facilities located in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on a permanent basis.
Purpose of Position
The Project Manager role to drive growth primarily in Municipal Project market in the region of Malaysia and managing the project team. Develops, implements & sustains comprehensive account plans (sales, marketing and strategies) to achieve annual booking and sales numbers assigned. The Project Manager aligns strategic sales initiatives with our field sales within organization in the assigned territory.
Scope of position:
- The Project Manager will be responsible for shaping the strategy & structure of the municipal projects Business in Malaysia, promoting full range of the organization’s product portfolio to achieve improved business performance.
- This position will also be managing post-bid project team for on-time project deliverables to achieve desired results in the industrial sector.
- Achieve KPI & Performance Objective set forth by senior management.
- Develop annual business plan using input from OpCo and Sales Teams to identify and develop specific marketing strategy and commercial action plans to deliver annual growth objectives. Plans should include focus on the continued growth of the core business, new product launch plans, competitive response plans, new channel penetration plans, and demand creation plan.
- Maintain a high level of expertise in all areas of applications and associated products within functional group, i.e, municipal market.
- Develop and sustain key relationships with SI´s and EPC´s, include building network based on credibility, quality-based solutions and long-term business understanding.
- Strong communication skills and executive presence are prerequisites, with a high degree of commercial and technical competency.
- Understand the market and its trends, competitors, and opportunities covering the whole project process with relevant parties such as end users, consultants, Engineers & Contractors (E&C) and System Integrators (SI) & authorities.
- Work closely with relevant stakeholder in preparation of Manager documents, data sheets & tender submission on time.
- Actively participate in the overall tender process, i.e. technical clarification, commercial clarification and etc.
- Organize pre-sales activities and gather market information for benchmark competition.
- Ability to manage funnel management e.g. SFDC & participate in sales activities to growth municipal funnel size.
- Collaborate closely with the marketing and product management teams to create a strategy to execute in the assigned Vertical Markets.
- Leverage knowledge of local regulations to align company resources and effectively capitalize in business opportunities.
- Involved in WQ sponsored seminars and industry sponsored tradeshows/exhibitions.
- To participate/manage overall post-bid project execution. i.e., Kick off meeting, site visit, documents & drawings etc. for on-time overall project deliverables.
- Manage post-bid project team to ensure all project complete on timeline allocated.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or similar.
- 3-5 years’ experience in sales and project management with technical background
- Candidates with strong industry knowledge and those who are familiar with the government water business
- Able to empathize with customers, translating needs into products.
- Thorough understanding of target markets and water applications Product Lines.
- Understanding of trends impacting vertical markets and overall business.
- Experience in sales through 3rd parties and/or channel partners.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, communicate and implement strategic business plans
- Strong planning, organization, listening and communication skills
- Dealing with ambiguity
- Acting with sense of urgency
- Taking ownership and accountability
- Developing strong working relationships
- Ability to work in a matrix organization
- Moves strategy to action
- Active in key trade organizations
**Kindly be informed that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. **