Location: Velsen-North, Netherlands
Contract: This is a contract position, 6-month contract
Experience Required: 5 - 10 years of experience required
Recruitment Partner: Airswift Account Manager: Amy Spink
Steel, in whatever form, has become an integral part of everyday life. Whether we eat, travel, work or recreate; steel plays a role in everything we do. We have been making steel in IJmuiden for 101 years. Our business produces, processes, and distributes high-quality steel for products that make life easier.
As a Project Manager you are ultimately responsible for and independently supervise several large multidisciplinary investment projects with a technical slant in our factories in IJmuiden. Your primary focus is on managing projects, keeping a close eye on the project budget, milestone planning, and agreed (quality) specifications. You are able to oversee your projects and understand problems by asking the right questions. However, you do not dive into the (technical) details yourself, you leave that to the (external) specialists. You are close (literally and figuratively) to your project from the start, and you can also steer it accurately yourself.
Competency Profile Required:
- You have a bachelor's or master's degree in Electrical Engineering / Energy Technology.
- You have at least 3 years of experience in high-voltage technology (≥ 110kV) and you have experience in the field of primary components in high-voltage construction (≥ 110kV), both for stations and connections.
- You are well acquainted with the principles, standards, and regulations within the high-voltage world.
- Well-developed communication skills and extensive experience with project-based work.
- You have a helicopter view and can work well under time pressure.
- Thorough knowledge of and experience with UAV-GC contracts and System-oriented Contract Management.
- Knowledge of and experience with Systems Engineering (SE) is an advantage.
- You are analytically strong.
- As a team player you are pro-active, result-oriented, professional, and able to unite different 'blood types' within a project.
- You are used to and / or like to give up the drawing board a bit more and to work more reviewing and coordinating
- Candidate must have a full command of the Dutch language.
The next step
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes’, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance contact our recruitment partner Airswift, and the account manager Amy Spink.