Our client is seeking a Project Manager with Solar or Wind experience to work in São Paulo, SP, Brazil. This is a permanent position.
- Support the Head of Department in the market screening for both wind and solar projects and coordinate M&A transactions.
- Take over overall coordination of wind and/or solar projects after 1 year of wind and/or solar measurement campaigns on site up to the time of construction.
- Obtain all permits, licenses, and authorizations necessary to implement and operate wind and/or solar projects assigned.
- Support development tasks during the construction phase of the projects assigned.
- Support the Technical Department in the preparation of different technical studies; mainly environmental and electrical.
- Manage relationships with the landowners of the projects assigned, once they have been contracted.
- Ensure targeted and full communication within the project team, departments, suppliers and to all relevant stakeholders, in order to efficiently develop the project assigned using standards.
- Support the Head of Department in managing relationships with different public organizations related to the projects. (ANEEL, EPE, MME, INCRA, Environmental and Archaeological Agencies, ONS, Federal/State/City Governments, COMAR, etc.)
- Monitor and properly manage the development budget of the projects assigned.
- Coordinate the planning process of the projects assigned in line with Engineering and Construction area, being the overall responsible for the time schedule.
- Maintain an updated data base with detailed information about the projects.
- Monitor projects and market risks, preparing documented assessments with mitigating actions to be taken by the Head of Department and Executive Committee.
- Prepare and present project progress reports to the Executive Committee.
- Evaluate on projects in order to share lessons learned with the rest of the team and the organization.
- Represent the company in different events, as requested.
- Support the Head of Department, to ensure accurate and updated information about the pipeline.
- Experience in M&A and transaction contracts' analysis is strongly recommended.
- Proficiency level on development/permitting process of a wind and solar farm in Brazil.
- Experience with public organizations related to the projects. (ANEEL, EPE, MME, INCRA, Environmental and Archaeological Agencies, ONS, Federal/State/City Governments, COMAR, etc.)
- Computer Skills: MS Project, Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint and AutoCAD.
- Understanding of legal contracts and Brazil regulations
- Desirable certification in Project Management (PMP or IPMA-C)
- Good level on technical issues regarding wind and solar farms