The Construction Project Manager will provide technical and contractual support to the local Development team leading to the project design, and to the conclusion of an EPC contract for the implementation of the renewable energy project. Once the project has attained Financial close, The PM will be fully responsible for the achievement of the project’s agreed Performance, Cost and implementation schedule.
We are currently recruiting for a Construction Project Manager on behalf of our client who operate in the renewable energy sector:
Location- Sydney (with trips to site)
Duration- 12 month contract
- During the completion of the development of the project, until Financial Close, the Construction PM will provide technical and contractual support to the local Development team leading to the project design, and to the conclusion of an EPC contract for the implementation of the facility.
- Once the project has attained Financial close, The Construction PM will be fully responsible for the achievement of the project’s agreed Performance, Cost and implementation schedule.
- PM will have a strong ability to manage large EPC contracts, proven expertise in Project Management in the field of renewable power production facilities, and ability to manage local operational constraints.
- Construction PM will oversee the following:
- HSE, Social & communities plan
- Site Access and traffic management plan
- EPC logistic plan for equipment and services
- Project’s Stakeholders governance
- Reporting & communication
- Approval procedures
- QA/QC plan
- Project controls
- Documentation management
- Experience in EPC project management of utility scale renewable energy projects
- Strong understanding of the AEMO registration process
- Previous battery project experience is preferred but not essential
- MUST have previous renewable energy project experience
- Past implementation of HSE and QA/QC procedures during project construction
- Industrial Project engineering background (Process/civil / mechanical/ electrical/utilities/ environment)
- Project Management control tools (Budgeting, Cost controls, Work progress schedule, QA/QC controls)
- Procurement / contract negotiation skills
- HAZOPS implementation experience
- Strong leadership, communication and negotiation skills
- Minimum number of years of experience: 10 years
Please apply if you hold the above qualifications and experience. Due to the high volume of applications, unfortunately only successful candidates will be contacted.