Project Management Lead - Cleanroom project
(EPCM Contractor) (Design and Construction Management)
A new opportunity has come up with our trusted client, a Malaysian EPCM company focusing in the design, construction management and delivery of various industrial buildings with a current emphasis on cleanrooms
This is an established MNC with a wide footprint and great branding
The role of Project Management Lead is currently available and the successful candidate would be overseeing the scope of work mentioned below:
As the project management lead, the duties are:
• Total responsibility for the planning and coordination of project development works from conceptualization, design, construction to completion within established budget, schedule, and quality standards.
• Co-ordinate and liaise with vendors, partners, support staff and/or the relevant government authorities to achieve project deliverables and for the successful accomplishment of the business goals.
• Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
• Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress.
• Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
• Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
• Report and escalate to management as needed.
• Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders.
• Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors.
• Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
Key Skills, Qualifications & Education:
Having completed a cleanroom project from project management and design coordination / consultancy side is crucial for this role.
Must have great ability to manage and nurture the client relationship, working together, not against the client.
• Master or bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical/ Electrical or equivalent).
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in related project experience with 4-5 years’ experience holding managerial role.
• Good project management knowledge in terms of project initiation, planning, execution and closing, including reporting and documentation.
• Good aptitude for collaboration, people management, negotiation and solution finding.
• Demonstrating strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Exceptional organization and coordination skills.
• Good communication, motivation, and solution orientated skills,
• Knowledge in Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) or other standard documentation practices.
• Strong relationship building skills.
Key Attributes :
• Professional and positive
• Successful customer-facing practices.
• Diligent, with great attention to detail.
• Ability to cope successfully under pressure and with shifting priorities.
• Excellent collaborator.
• Self-motivated and self-sufficient.
• Effective communicator at all levels.
• Team player, able to work on own initiative.
• Assertive, adaptable, and creative.
• “Can-do” attitude, willing to go the extra mile
- Oversee daily operations of the business unit organization
- Ensure the creation and implementation of a strategy designed to grow the business
- Coordinate the development of key performance goals for functions and direct reports
- Responsible in achieving company performance targets
- Ensure the development and maintain the Company business model by the Board
- Implementing the budget and long term goals established by the Board
- Overseeing the Company day-to-day operations
- Engage in key targeted customer activities
- Oversee key hiring and talent development programs
With respect to the Board, the responsibilities are as follows:
- The GM serves as the conduit between the Board and the management in ensuring that the financial management practice is performed at the highest level of integrity and transparency and that the business and affairs are carried out in an ethical manner and in compliance with the relevant laws and regulations.
- Always in consultation with the Board and the company secretary, setting the agenda for Board meetings and ensuring all relevant issues are on the agenda.
- Ensuring the Board members receive complete and accurate information in a timely manner.
- Managing the interface between THE Board and Management
- Ensure that the Board and its committees receive sufficient information and reports to enable them to maintain effective oversight of the Company activities
- Reorganize the safety department to bring it up to the current market standards
- Ensuring time, cost, quality and safety standards are constantly monitored and assessed.
- Coordinating between various stakeholders, sub-contractors, consultants and other strategic relationships
- Strong safety related government agency relationship management
MUST speak and write English & Bahasa Malaysia. Role open ONLY to Malaysians
The culture and benefits
Basic salary of up to RM20,000 + allowances. Once completed, it would be a fantastic opportunity to be included on your resume. Career opportunities within same company open to successful candidates
This role is managed by Ashley Mathew and only shortlisted candidates would be contacted. Apply to this add to receive confidential advice on this specific role!