Our client, a leading Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) business, is seeking an experienced Health, Safety and Environment Manager for a four-year fixed term contract in Queensland.
The role of Health, Safety and Environment Manager is an exciting opportunity to work in the senior management team reporting to the Project Manager and delivering on a new construction project in Queensland. Initially the position will be based in the Brisbane CBD office developing the project HSE systems, procedures, and protocols in the coming months before transitioning to a DIDO roster on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate will have a comprehensive understanding of the responsibilities that come with being a Principal Contractor. Be a proactive and positive member of the projects safety culture and performance, work in compliance with all legislation, regulation, policy, and procedures. Ensure project achieves all the desired HSE outcomes as defined by regulatory and business requirements. Lead by example in all areas and work towards the projects values.
Key Duties and Competencies
- Initiate HSE campaigns across site to promote and re-enforce safety behaviours for all project and contractor teams.
- Manage and Plan for internal and external audits to confirm compliance with regulatory, certification and all other business requirements.
- Lead risk management and incident appropriate investigations & management activities.
- Approve suppliers and subcontractors health and safety plans and SWMS.
- Oversee the compliance with contractor and subcontractor HSE plans and systems, and reviewing all HSE documentation.
- Prepare and maintain appropriate project HSE documentation and registers.
- Maintain an active focus on achieving results that bring value to the Principal contractor.
- Competent organisation and planning skills, able to identify, evaluate and plan actions to reach certain goals and achieve the final objective.
- Familiar with procedures and contribute towards quality management.
- Professional and Proactive business manner, must be able to anticipate project needs and the potential to create new and improved work processes and approaches.
- Able to work autonomously and in a team environment, by establishing an effective work relationship.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills, ability to present ideas.
- Active listener, ability to be receptive to others ideas and turn these into documents and reports.
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience in setting up safety protocol on major construction projects from inception and following through to completion
- Ability to manage and coordinate the activities of technical and junior resources
- Experience in hiring HSE Coordinators / Advisors for construction projects
- Formal HS&E Qualifications
- Open Drivers License
- Flexibility to travel as required
- Experience working in a similar role with a Principal Contractor & comprehensive understanding of the responsibility that come with being the Principal Contractor
- Experience working with Workplace Health and Safety Queensland
- Have a collaborative approach and be able to influence positive outcomes with team members, stakeholders and site members
- Must pass Physical Medical Exam
Applicants must be eligible to live and work full time in Australia.
Please apply if you hold the above qualifications and experience. Due to the high volume of applications, unfortunately only successful candidates will be contacted.
If you have any questions please contact Tayla Jeromson by email Tayla.Jeromson@airswift.com
My client recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to promoting fairness, equity and diversity in its workplace hence we encourage applications from people with a variety of experience and backgrounds. In addition, we recognise that everyone’s personal circumstances differ and thus understand the importance of offering flexibility in the working arrangements of our personnel, to ensure that we attract and retain a diverse and dynamic workforce.