Airswift has been tasked by one of our major clients to seek a Project Engineer/Technologist to work within their facilities located in Lloydminster, SK for a 12-month contract.
- Coordinate completion of project front-end development activities following the project delivery model including scope development, Value Improving Practices (VIP), risk assessment, process hazard analysis, design basis, cost estimate and project schedule development, with internal project team functions, stakeholders, and external engineering consultants.
- Coordinate completion of detailed engineering activities following the project delivery model including technical inputs, design/constructability reviews, regulatory approvals, and development of construction work packages, with internal project team functions, stakeholders, and external engineering consultants.
- Facilitate procurement of equipment and construction contracts in coordination with internal stakeholders and external engineering consultants.
- Ensure project adheres to established cost estimates, schedules, scope, quality, and achieves project objectives through the application of effective project change management processes.
- Prepare and maintain appropriate project documentation including funding requests, status updates, decision records, and ensure project closeout activities are completed.
- Provide support to the construction management, commissioning, and startup teams as required to safely and effectively construct and commission project designs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Technologist's Diploma.
- APEGGA or APEGS professional designation.
- Technologists to be eligible for registration with ASET & SASTT.
- Project Management Professional certification with PMI an asset.
- Demonstrated proficiency in general mechanical design.
- 5 years' experience in process manufacturing.
- Minimum 3 to 4 years’ experience in general engineering in an industrial setting such as oil sands upgrading, heavy oil upgrading, petrochemical, or refinery industries.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in multi-discipline project management (TIC $5-25M) in an industrial setting.