Project Engineer or Specialist – Calgary, AB
Our client is seeking a Project Engineer or Specialist to work within their facilities located in Calgary, AB for a 12-month assignment.
This post targets a senior candidate with high levels of experience and skills, responsible for delivery of safe, reliable, fit for purpose, innovative and cost-effective support to given project.
- Assists the Project Team in planning and organizing day-to-day project activities.
- Supports administration of the project teams and the coordination of activities between project locations.
- Assists in organizing and controlling project work to ensure that all project objectives are being met with regard to safety, environment, cost, schedule, work environment, and quality.
- Ensures that all decisions and activities within the various project teams support the project's objectives and priorities.
- Prepares and gives presentations on project issues.
- Assists Project Control in the preparation of cost estimates.
- Obtains all necessary approvals for planned work.
- Monitor progress, manpower, and budget.
- Keeps team members informed on Project progress and developments.
- Monitors project document development and project change and variation orders.
- Promotes knowledge sharing and contribute to good communication and cooperation with Management and key individuals.
- Senior level, typically 10+ years of experience in Project Engineering and/or in the O&G industry.
- Applies broad range of competencies to develop solutions to complex problems.
- Influences others to achieve objectives.
- Often provides specialized/technical/functional guidance to others within department and/or business asset.
- Understands advanced aspects of discipline and is viewed as an expert in a given field.