Airswift has been tasked by one of our Oil & Gas clients to seek a Project Engineer to work in Houston, TX for a 2-years contract position.
Portfolio project management for offshore brownfield modifications on lease-operated FPSO in Guyana.
- Performs engineering design evaluations and works to complete projects within budget and scheduling restraints.
- Reviews industry policies and procedures to ensure data accuracy, security, and regulatory compliance.
- Reviews reports of production, malfunction, and maintenance to determine or address problems.
- Provides technical support for the engineering process.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Back up responsibilities for the Project Manager as required.
- Participates in Invitation to Tender (ITT) development, bid evaluation, and contractor selection
- Participates in identification & sourcing of long lead equipment, assuring Front End Engineering Design (FEED) contractor support until equipment is assigned to the contractor
- Coordinates development of the Company’s Capital Project Management System Gate 3 deliverables
- Coordinates development of Functional Interaction Plan
- Coordinates project issues resolution process
- Coordinates change requests & endorse change authorization
- Responsible for the completion of the assigned work scope consistent with the Project Objectives
- Engages Project Team and functional resources to verify that the design & construction is consistent with project specifications & standards
- Serves as interface between Project Team & Contractor
- Ensures smooth transitions between project stages
- Leads Project Management Team (PMT) in applying Project Management Systems
- BS or MS degree in an engineering field
- 10+ years of relevant experience with engineering and project management.
- Must have offshore experience in a brownfield environment.
- Candidate must be able to travel to the Netherlands and be fit for travel offshore Guyana.
- Broad range of experience and skills through multiple function & project assignments (Multi-discipline skill set)
- Broad knowledge of design standards, specifications & work processes
- Strong leadership, influencing & interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational, coordination, planning & interface skills
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads & frequent changes in priorities
- Proficient in MS Office suite of software programs