Airswift has been tasked by one of our clients, a major Downstream company, to seek a Project Engineer to join them for a 12-month contract.
· Performs engineering design evaluations and works to complete projects within budget and scheduling restraints. Reviews industry policies and procedures to ensure data accuracy, security, and regulatory compliance. Reviews reports of production, malfunction, and maintenance to determine or address problems.
· Provides technical support for the engineering process. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
· Works under immediate supervision.
· Back up responsibilities for the Project Manager as required.
· Participates in Invitation to Tender (ITT) development, bid evaluation and contractor selection.
· Participates in identification & sourcing long lead equipment, assuring Front End Engineering Design (FEED) contractor support until equipment is assigned to the contractor.
· Coordinates development of the Company’s Capital Project Management System.
· Gate 3 deliverables - Coordinates development of Functional Interaction Plan.
· Coordinates project issues resolution process.
· Coordinates change requests & endorses change authorization.
· Responsible for the completion of the assigned work scope consistent with the Project Objectives.
· Engages Project Team and functional resources to verify that the design & construction is consistent with project specifications & standards.
· Serves as interface between Project Team & Contractor.
· Ensures smooth transitions between project stages Leads Project Management Team (PMT) in applying Project Management Systems.
· BS degree in engineering field.
· 10+ years of experience in multiple assignments in engineering, construction, and project management and controls activities.
· Broad range of experience and skills through multiple function & project assignments (multi-discipline skill set).
· Broad knowledge of design standards, specifications & work processes.
· Strong leadership, influencing & interpersonal skills.
· Strong organizational, coordination, planning & interface skills.
· Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads & frequent changes in priorities.
· Proficient in MS Office suite of software programs.
· Manage complex portfolio of brownfield projects, which may require individual to travel.
· Key resource to manage interfaces with Process, Mechanical, Technical, Engineering, Projects, and SSHE.
· Likely to work 10 or more individual projects simultaneously and must be able to prioritize with minimal oversight.