Airswift has been tasked by one of our key clients to seek a Project Engineer – Facilities & Projects to join them in Aberdeen, United Kingdom on a 12-month renewable contract with one of our biggest clients in the oil and gas industry.
Reporting to the Facilities Manager, the Project Engineer will be part of a team tasked with the delivery of Opex and Capex project scopes through all project stages (Appraise to Execute) across RSR assets. This role will be expected to apply common tools and techniques across project Facilities scopes.
Main accountabilities and responsibilities:
• Delivery of Opex and Capex modifications on schedule and within budget, as per asset requirements.
• Maintain a firm understanding of the threat Cyber Attacks pose in both regular IT (Information Technology) and OT (Operational Technology / industrial automation) environments and the potential consequences of such attacks
• Work in compliance with the Project Delivery System (PDS) and specific Project Execution Plans (PEPs) where applicable.
• Maintain high standards of HSE performance, within area of responsibility and influence.
• Ensure robust, timely and cost efficient delivery of scopes.
• Ensure cost and schedule forecasts are accurate for all scopes
• Project action Tracking
• Ensure use of Project Management tools for assigned projects:
o Statement of Requirements
o Project Execution Plan (where applicable)
o Risk Management and Mitigation Procedures
o Management of Change Process
o Technical Query Process
o Lessons Learnt Process
o Consistent adherence and application of the Project Management and Management of Change Processes across all Assets
• Identify and implement improvements across the business
• Identify, manage and maintain visibility of risks and opportunities relevant to area of responsibility. Develop and communicate mitigation and contingency plans as appropriate.
• Collaborate effectively with Contractors and internal depts, maintaining diligent focus on interface management.
• Maintain formal records relating to actions, decisions, technical queries, concession requests, interfaces, change management and variation control.
• Challenge norms, seek efficiencies in processes and procedures, incorporate lean and smart methods of scope delivery.
• Support technical evaluation of bids, enquiries, proposals and potential solutions, as appropriate.
Education Attainment & Accreditation
• Qualified at HNC level or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline
Professional Skills & Experience
• Technical understanding of regulations, codes, standards, guidelines and good practice for the UKCS oil and gas industry.
• Significant engineering and technical experience gained in an oil and gas engineering and project delivery environment ideally with both operator and contractor experience
• Sound appreciation of industry technology trends, developments and challenges
Interpersonal Skills & Qualities
• Drive and performance delivery focus
• Work effectively within a multi-disciplined team
• Ability to foster effective relationships with Contractors
• Strong ownership of cost and schedule performance
• Clear communication skills and the ability to articulate complex technical issues
• Embraces change and continual improvement
• Ability to travel offshore is essential