Airswift has been tasked by one of its major clients to find a Project Engineer to work a 6 months (with possibility to be extended) contract in The Woodlands, TX.Activities:
- Performs high level research and analysis of data.
- Performs engineering calculations to size piping and valves and assists development of PFDs and P&IDsto ensure equipment and systems conform to Chart engineering design standards and customer specifications.
- Works closely with the Process Engineering group in the coordination and development of P&IDs for Thermal-Fluid systems including Cryogenic subsystems from concept to completion with minimal technical supervision.
- Provides technical support and operations assistance to the Project Manager.
- Reviews Customer specifications, develops supplier inquiry specifications and requisitions for bid and purchase, and participates in supplier bid analysis and selection recommendations.
- Assists in developing overall project schedules and budgets and assures that engineering requirements are performed in accordance with schedule requirements.
- Coordinates with CAD group to assist the development of plant layout, general arrangement and assembly drawings as required for the project.
- Works with the shop and Project Management to meet customer and engineering requirements for fabrication, assembly and shipping.
- Provides regular updates of design status, drawings, BOM’s and purchased equipment.
- Works with and supports shop personnel during fabrication and provides support for field personnel during on site field check out and commissioning of equipment.
- Project Engineering experience in related industry is essential.
- BS in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering preferred.
- 7-10 years of related engineering and design experience preferably with natural gas and liquids production or the oil and gas industry.
- PMP certification or willingness to obtain in set period.
- Knowledge of common engineering practices and Industrial codes including ANSI B31.3 piping code,ASME Section VIII pressure vessel code and other related codes and standards of ANSI, ASME, ASTM,API, IEC, NACE, NEC and NFPA.
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Knowledge of Intergraph Smart Plant Enterprise tools particularly Smart Plant Foundation.
- Willing and able to travel occasionally as required to meet company and project requirements.
- Knowledge of M-Files and blue beam a plus.
- Experience in Natural Gas Industry including the engineering, design, fabrication, commissioning of mechanical equipment used in petro-chemical or natural gas industries is desired.
- LNG or other plant Commissioning experience preferred.