Our Client a Major Oil & Gas Contractor require a Project Engineer to join the Subsea Engineering division for new scoped project work
Under guidance from a Senior and/or Lead or Principal Engineer an Engineer Level II provides engineering skills to projects, tendering activities, engineering studies, vessels and equipment and/or offshore engineering processes. Compliance with and delivery against project plans, relevant engineering standards and contractual obligations is required, The Project Engineer usually works as part of a team but may have responsibility for discrete work packages. He/she may be required to check technical documentation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides skills, integrity and knowledge in key areas of discipline engineering, including design codes, legislative requirements and current good engineering practice. Understands clients' needs; identifies and addresses design parameters and problems; develops and implements solutions.
- Under limited supervision, independently evaluates, organises and prioritises work which is normally subject to internal checking and approval.
- Responsible for production of deliverables, which may include engineering support to the Drawing Office, design calculations, specifications, procedures, analyses, progress reports, bid evaluations, study reports and various 3rd-party submissions.
- Originates or checks technical documentation, accepting personal responsibility for its adequacy.
- Perform design, construction, and installation engineering in terms of:
- Flexible pipelines & umbilical & service lines
- Naval, structural, & mechanical design
- Rigid pipeline
- Subsea construction
- Remote intervention
- Prepare operational/work procedures as per required by the project.
- Perform IDC and/or IDC check of document prepared by other engineers in project, studies or tender work.
- Perform project presentation during HAZOP.
- Train Junior Engineers on technical matters, software programs and technical guidance.
- Familiarise with SO ships and relevant equipment with respect to capabilities and operation.
- Prepare for draughting – Project Engineer is expected to provide clear, concise and sufficient information to the Draughtsman in the form of sketches and calculations for production of the construction drawings.
- Monitoring of fabrication work.
- Be updated on all project-related matters. E.g. –
- Weights in air and water of the intended equipment, permanent works, and temporary works.
- Tables of pipe sizes, material, weight per metre, flange sizes, bolt sizes.
- Installation procedures & calculations.
- Project planning & reporting.
Skills & Experience:
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia will be considered.
To apply simply press the ‘Apply’ button. Due to the large number of applicants, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
For further information please contact Han Yeang on +61 8 6146 4343