Airswift is seeking Project Engineers to work on a contract hire basis assigned to one of our clients in the specialty chemicals industry. This position will be located on site at the client's facility in Donaldsonville, LA.
- Maintain protection of the environment and the health and safety of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we operate and transport our products, as our highest priority.
- Develop and execute small capital projects to deliver timely, economical, and safe completion. Projects are primarily maintenance replacements. In-house and external design/engineering support is available as needed.
- As the Project Leader, the Project Engineer:
- acts as the liaison with operations;
- develops and manages project scopes and schedules;
- estimates and controls costs;
- determines applicable Client and regulatory policies and procedures and assures project compliance;
- defines and coordinates the work of engineering disciplines, both in-house and contract;
- reviews and approves drawings including flow sheets, isos, layouts, etc. and vendor submittals;
- prepares procedures, specifications, and bid packages;
- specifies, requisitions, and expedites materials and equipment;
- coordinates construction and turn-over to operations; and
- performs or oversees other activities as needed for a successful project.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects ranging in size from $50K to $6MM. The Project Engineer is responsible for project management including, but not limited to, routine project updates and forecasts, project cost control, maintaining project documentation and the project database, and project close-out and archive.
- Communicating the design and technical issues to technical and non-technical functions through reports, memos, design documents, and presentations in a manner that is concise, factual and effective. Trains, directs, and reviews the work of lower level technical staff.
- Recommending action to improve the quality of the engineering function and working on new engineering methods.
- Graduate engineer with 5-15 years or more of project engineering experience. Typically Mechanical, Civil or Chemical Engineers have performed best.
- Minimum 3 years experience in chemical or petro-chemical plant with experience
- Field experience with installation of chemical plant equipment.
- Must be able to develop strong relationships with project sponsors, government agencies, outside engineering, construction, and equipment supply firms.
- Responsible for assuring that capital, operating and engineering costs are optimized, that all work is completed as scheduled and meets all environmental, health, safety, legal and code requirements.
- Must be capable of handling multiple assignments with project ranging in size from $50K to $6MM.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SAP.
- Microsoft Access, Project, and SAP a plus.
- Project Management Professional license preferred.
- Professional Engineer license preferred.
- TWIC will be required