Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Oil and Gas clients to seek a Project Engineer to work in their facilities located in Milan, Italy under a 2 year contract.
Typically manages a single minor project within the organization and/or for customers, with daily operational responsibilities which may have global implications; Responsible for implementing and administering project and company policies and procedures in order to successfully achieve project objectives; Works with others on the project team to develop technical/functional solutions to strategic project objectives. Acts as a key resource regarding area of responsibility; Ability to provide input and solve difficult/specialized technical issues that require an extensive knowledge related to technical/functional project field; Solutions are derived from available resources provided internally and/or externally, including policies and procedures.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Integrates the various engineering, scheduling, purchasing, construction, and start-up aspects of medium to large projects or studies, in accordance with contractual obligations. Responsibility for the technical excellence of the engineering portion of the project across disciplines is assumed by the Project Engineer. Solid background of engineering experience, a broad general engineering background, and previous project engineering experience is required. Travel to the project site may be required.
- Develops the scope of engineering work, schedules, and budgets for the assigned project elements, monitoring progress to maintain those schedules and budgets and aligning with CLIENT.
- Will be responsible for directing, supervising, and controlling the execution of the technical, fiscal, and administrative functions of the project or study. Helps determine the technical skills and staff hours required.
- Coordinates the utilization of interdisciplinary technical personnel on the Project and coordinates the assignment of personnel from other technical support groups within the Company.
- Must have one of the following packages: Cracker, Polyolefins, Utility or XLPE (Cross linked Polyethylene)
Experience And Qualifications
- Total experience of at least 10 years in an Engineering discipline and/or at least 6-8 years in Project Engineering with a solid engineering discipline background..
- BS or MS in an Engineering field or applicable discipline, typically an engineering degree; or equivalent experience if allowed by law. Thorough knowledge of applicable theories, practices, and accepted office procedures.
Special Job Requirements
- May require travel to site, vendor facilities, fab shop, etc.
- Experience in working with overseas (i.e.: India) workshare offices
- Knowledge of creating CTRs and estimates
- Experience on large, medium and small cap EPC projects
Our goal is to develop and most importantly retain the people who share our vision and strategy. To help us achieve our vision and yours, apply now.