Airswift has been tasked by one of our key clients to seek a Project Engineer to join them in Aberdeen, United Kingdom on a 1-year contract with one of our biggest clients in the oil and gas industry.
Main accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Delivery of Opex and Capex modifications on schedule and within budget, as per asset requirements.
- Work in compliance with the Project Delivery System (PDS) and specific Project Execution Plans (PEPs) where applicable.
- Maintain high standards of HSE performance, within area of responsibility and influence.
- Ensure robust, timely and cost-efficient delivery of scopes.
- Ensure cost and schedule forecasts are accurate for all scopes
- Project action Tracking
- Ensure use of Project Management tools for assigned projects:
- Statement of Requirements
- Project Execution Plan (where applicable)
- Risk Management and Mitigation Procedures
- Management of Change Process
- Technical Query Process
- Lessons Learnt Process
- Consistent adherence and application of the Project Management and Management of Change Processes across all Assets
- Identify and implement improvements across the business
- Identify, manage and maintain visibility of risks and opportunities relevant to area of responsibility. Develop and communicate mitigation and contingency plans as appropriate.
- Collaborate effectively with Contractors and internal depts, maintaining diligent focus on interface management.
- Maintain formal records relating to actions, decisions, technical queries, concession requests, interfaces, change management and variation control.
- Challenge norms, seek efficiencies in processes and procedures, incorporate lean and smart methods of scope delivery.
- Support technical evaluation of bids, enquiries, proposals and potential solutions, as appropriate.
- Qualified at HNC level or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline
- Technical understanding of regulations, codes, standards, guidelines and good practice for the UKCS oil and gas industry
- Significant engineering and technical experience gained in an oil and gas engineering and project delivery environment ideally both operator and contractor experience
- Sound appreciation of industry technology trends, developments and challenges
- Strong ownership of cost and schedule performance
- Ability to foster effective relationships with contractors
Ability to travel offshore is essential.