Our client, a major Downstream company, is looking for a Project Cost Estimator to work on a 2 Year contract in Deer Park, TX.
Deliver and maintain standard, consistent, and realistic cost estimates reflecting the assessed risk parameters for each project.
- Utilize cost methodologies and tools to produce cost estimates inclusive of engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning, and start-up scope and costs
- Incorporate project complexity factors into project estimates and assemble key input data such as project objectives, scope, and execution plan
- Formulate methodologies for deriving quantities from design parameters
- Perform scenario comparisons and uncertainty analysis and sensitivities on cost estimates, reflecting analysis of project risks
- Facilitate and support reviews and assurance of cost estimates
- Benchmark against historical performance, industry norms, and established internal KPIs
- Assess prospect scope and main components to develop consistent "building block" estimates
- Translate the identified project scope and engineering deliverables into the estimate of capital expenditure costs composed of detailed MTOs matched with detailed pricing and construction unit hours (Type-3)
- Identify areas of uncertainty and apply for appropriate allowances
- Support development of detailed project cost forecasts (Type-4)
- Incorporation of project actuals to date and detailed MTOs matched with detailed pricing and construction unit hours for to-go costs
- Develop an Estimate Basis to document how the estimate was developed
- Support collection of actual cost performance, condition and normalized data for future use to develop metrics and benchmarking information
Required Experience Qualification
- Engineering Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5-10 years of industry experience especially in downstream manufacturing.
- Excellent analytical, oral, and written communication skills.
- Good understanding of all phases of the project delivery process.
- Working experience with Aspen software (ACCE)