Our client is hiring an Estimator to join their team on a 1-year contract assignment, working in Deer Park, TX.
Deliver and maintain standard, consistent and realistic cost estimates reflecting the assessed risk
• Utilize cost methodologies and tools to produce cost estimates inclusive of engineering,
procurement, construction, commissioning and start-up scope and costs
- Hands on Experience with ACCE (ASPEN Capital Cost Estimating) software
• Incorporate project complexity factors into project estimates and assemble key input data such as project objectives, scope and execution plan
• Formulate methodologies for deriving quantities from design parameters
• Perform scenario comparisons and uncertainty analysis and sensitivities on cost estimates,
reflecting analysis of project risks
• Facilitate and support reviews and assurance of cost estimates
• Benchmark against historical performance, industry norms and established internal KPIs
• Assess prospect scope and main components to develop consistent "building block" estimates
(Type-2) for each concept under consideration
• Translate the identified project scope and engineering deliverables into the estimate of capital
expenditure costs composed of detailed MTOs matched with detailed pricing and construction
unit hours (Type-3)
• Identify areas of uncertainty and apply appropriate allowances
• Support development of detailed project cost forecasts (Type-4)
• Incorporation of project actuals to date and detailed MTOs matched with detailed pricing and
construction unit hours for to-go costs
• Develop Estimate Basis to document how estimate was developed
• Support collection of actual cost performance, condition and normalize data for future use to
develop metrics and benchmarking information
• Maintain and promote realism in each cost estimates in the face of commercial pressure and
optimism from project teams.
• Maintain consistency in cost bases through rigorous adherence to the controls processes
• Drive and raise the awareness of the importance of developing the cost estimates according
guidelines set forth by the controls procedures in place.
Required Experience Qualification
• Engineering Degree or equivalent experience
• Minimum 5-7 years industry experience especially in downstream manufacturing .
• Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills.
• Good understanding of all phases of the project delivery process.