We are looking for a Project Cost Controller to work in Aberdeen- UK on a 1-year renewable contract!
The Project Cost Controller will support the execution of successful project activity by monitoring, reporting, forecasting and analysing project spend throughout the project’s life cycle. Working closely the Project Services team and the PREs/JREs they will ensure full visibility of spend and performance against estimate. Reporting directly into the Senior Project Cost Controller, will require the individual to provide a level of support with monthly analysis, reporting and ad hoc requests to meet the business needs.
- Provide full life cycle cost control and management for all assigned project activity.
- Drive analysis of expenditure profile and comparison with estimate.
- Improve estimating and project delivery through ongoing feedback.
- Align with Finance to ensure full compliance with financial reporting calendar.
- Review and contribute to estimate process.
- Contribute to probabilistic estimate reviews.
- Collate and validate input to annual budget and in-year reforecasting exercises.
- Work collaboratively with the project team and project planners to maintain accurate schedule and phasing.
- Proactively interface with project team to highlight upcoming spend and ensure accurate forecast is maintained.
- Maintain sight of actual spend and VOWD throughout the project life cycle.
- Work with Finance to maintain monthly forecasts and actuals within the finance database.
- Identify any mis-allocated costs and advise these to be allocated appropriately with Finance.
- Input to monthly variance reporting.
- Drive delivery team to meet assigned WP&B activity, based on annual phased forecasts as per budget submission.
- Solid understanding of key contracts underpinning the projects to assist in budget review and cost control cycle.
- Contribute to regular project performance metrics as required by the management team.
- Review and control growth requests, interpret impact on final forecast and ensure sanction values are protected.
- Supporting JRE’s to promote change management compliance, utilising available systems and review of internal and external documentation.
- Liaise with key contractors to ensure accurate VOWD, cost performance and suitable variance commentary is provided.
Education Attainment & Accreditation
- Appropriate technical or business degree level qualification or equivalent.
- APM or equivalent Project Management accreditation and/or AACE cost control certification or relevant experience.
Professional Skills & Experience
- Significant practical cost control experience within engineering and construction, preferably working on major capital projects in the Oil and Gas industry.
- Demonstrable experience with project performance metrics.
- Excellent computer skills including high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Experience of SAP.
Interpersonal Skills & Qualities.
- Strong analytical skills to aid Senior Management to visualise and understand variance analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good team player.
- Ability to challenge effectively, embrace change and promote continual improvement.
- Excellent written and oral communication, presentation.
- Actively demonstrates RSRUK core values of Leadership, Excellence, Accountability and Positivity.
I & D Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer, aiming to recruit, retain and develop our people based on merit. Recognising the value of a diverse workforce, all applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of race, gender, nationality, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law.
If you think you are the right candidate for this role, apply here or send me your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org!