Our client, a midstream company, is seeking a Project Cost Controller to work remotely.
- Maintain and monitor project data for costs and schedule status for Midstream operator.
- Coordinate with accounting division to complete, process, and setup AFE's
- Forecast project and portfolio monthly cash flow, cost at complete, and project in-service dates
- Create and utilize project metrics to track progression to control or to correct budgets and schedules
- Communicate with field personnel and third-party contractors to gather relevant project information
- Track and manage contracts such as: cost-plus fixed fee, lump sum, unit rate, and T&M
- Investigate and resolve project and invoice discrepancies
- Perform work activities efficiently while continuously looking for cost-saving opportunities
- Knowledgeable of standard business cost control procedures and practices
- Become familiar with and comply with Client’s cost control procedures and practices
- Responsible for development and implementation of project cost reports and management dashboards for cost reporting/tracking utilizing Netsuite as the cost database
- Responsible for setting up standardized project schedule template, setting up individual project schedules and performing oversight on contractor developed project schedules
- Review base cost data, budgets, balance sheets, invoices, timesheets, etc.
- Conduct cost tracking of labor, materials, and other invoices
- Prepare and issue routine reports
- Identify and communicate accounting and auditing issues to managers
- Reconcile historical project cost data into a proper WBS cost center
- Identify performance improvement opportunities
- Knowledge of NETSUITE (ERP)