Our client, a major oil and gas company, is hiring a Project Coordinator II to join their team on a 1-year contract assignment, working in Houston, TX.
The main function of a Project Coordinator is to work closely with project managers, functional technology managers and finance/accounting staff to lead the successful and timely delivery of a regular reporting process for projects within the Transformational Technology program. The process involves scheduling and coordinating quarterly reviews of projects, their milestones, budget, and workload forecasting.
- Assume primary responsibility for coordination of weekly and monthly project reporting to stakeholders, including executive management.
- Monitor and integrate status updates from correspondence, meetings, and status reports into a summary roll up report for executive management.
- Effectively communicate with colleagues at all levels and disciplines to gather inputs on progress and performance.
- Update project-controls metrics, including schedule performance trends.
- Monitoring and documenting project progress and other performance indicators.
- Tracking and documenting project risks, issues and milestones.
- Preparing written project communication materials.
- Preparing formal project progress and other reports.
- Complete tasks to the right accuracy and quality standards. Complete tasks efficiently and on time.
- Support the cross-functional team in a helpful and positive manner.
- Project & Portfolio Management processes & best practices required.
- Effective communicator at all levels of the organization (team member to Sr. leadership). Strong Teamwork skills.
- Ability to allocate time efficiently, handle multiple demands and competing priorities. Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Visio. Ability to schedule and coordinate hybrid in-person and virtual (Teams and Zoom) meetings.
- Excellent business acumen and technical aptitude.
- Industry experience: Understanding of the energy industry.
- Bachelor's degree required. 2-4 years experience working with projects and reporting of the project lifecycle.