Our client, a major Oil & Gas company, is seeking a Project Controls Specialist to work a 1-year contract in Calgary, AB.
- Establishes and maintains definitive project cost control systems in concert to estimates and budgets, payment schedules, risk management reports, forecasting, earned value analysis and documentation for internal and external audits.
- Manages project portfolio budget, schedule and financial modeling inputs.
- Communicates any variance to management.
- Develops project cost control procedures for the FEL Phases.
- Prepares procedures for budget management and forecasting.
- Defines project financial benchmarks for the duration of the project.
- Collects and reports on project and benefit metrics.
- Oversees internal approval process to ensure appropriate approvals on funding requests.
- Facilitates cost risk mitigation and contingency planning process.
- Migrates conceptual project estimates to definitive project control estimate.
- Assures accuracy and timeliness of data collection for cost measurement.
- Implements project documentation and data preservation routines.
- Senior level, typically 7+ years of experience.
- Advanced Cost Management and Forecasting skills
- Advanced Primavera P6 and SAP knowledge
- Understands advanced aspects of discipline and is viewed as an expert in a given field.
- Applies broad range of competencies to develop solutions to complex problems.
- Influences others to achieve objectives.
- Often provides specialized/technical/functional guidance to others within department and/or business asset.