Our client is currently looking for Project Controls Specialist to join their Discipline Excellence Team based in Sunbury. This role will be supporting the project controls lead on project controls initiatives and cost recovery through time-writing and work orders across the projects portfolio. The role is part of the transformation unit which is seeking to standardise, digitise and centralise keys project controls deliverables to improve productivity and allow the project operating bases to focus on project specific deliverables.
- Ensure time sheets are completed timely, hours booked to correct jobs and with high quality commentary
- Ensure service work orders are raised, approved and well managed
- Ensuring practitioners are set up and trained on time-writing and properly approving work orders
- Provide good quality and timely analytics around time writing performance
- Support workforce supply and demand analysis
- Support discipline community of practice activities
- Reporting on manhours submission and missing manhours allocation
- Supporting the project controls lead on new initiatives
Degree educated preferably in an engineering, construction, or business related discipline
Essential experience and job requirements
- Good knowledge of project controls ways of working
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Ability to recognize and solve problems.
- Mindset supporting transition towards digitisation
- Analytical ability combined with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent skill using Microsoft suite of tools
- Experience of working and interacting with senior stakeholders