Our client, major LNG Operator in Qatar, is hiring Project Controls Lead to work for multi-billion Compression Project. This is a contract and residential role to be based in Qatar.
Subject matter expert responsible for stewarding project Cost, schedule and progress by planning, monitoring, analysing, forecasting and reporting variances against control budget / baseline schedule on a continual basis, including identification of positive or negative trends and the development of corrective actions to mitigate negative trends and actions to maximise positive trends.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Stewards Management of Change process and ensures compliance with Corporate and Contractual requirements.
- Reviews project changes to evaluate impact; responsible for quantifying and incorporating the effect and impact of approved changes.
- Monitors and appraises the performance of the Contractor compared to agreed control plans in the areas of progress, cost and schedule control.
- Assists Business Manager/Head in developing and reviewing project performance dashboards. Advises project management of any potential project performance issues and when necessary, provides guidance on corrective action and measures to mitigate any adverse trends.
- Reviews and checks Contractor progress reports for accuracy of progress measurement. Verifies reviews and endorses claimed progress reported by the Contractor.
- Prepares and compiles Weekly and Monthly Reports (schedule & progress) input to QG Major Projects Reports.
- Responds to ad hoc requests from Business Head and Management related to reporting including development of progress metrics, and/or key performance indicators.
- Participates in gathering and recording Lessons Learned for the project that relate to progress and schedule areas.
- Works effectively within established policies and procedures, and participates in the further development of these to meet changing needs.
Bachelor degree in related subject or equivalent exeprience.
- Knowledge and/or Experience
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in project controls for EPC oil and gas facilities capital projects / operating companies
- Thorough and extensive knowledge of project controls principles, theories, and concepts.
- At least five (5) years site/field scheduling experience.
- Experience developing work methods in accordance to established Company policies, directives from Management, schedules and professional engineering standards.
- Good troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to read, write, and speak fluent English.
- Able to work within a defined role with limited supervision.
- Willing and able to travel as required.
Technical and Business Skills
- Excellent written and verbal English skills.
- Strong planning, organisational and prioritising skills.
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good computer literacy skills (Primavera P6, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).