PROJECT CONTROLS ENGINEER
Location: Hybrid (Remote working / Fitzrovia, London, UK)
Contract duration: initial 12 month contract, further extensions possible. Inside IR35 (PAYE / Umbrella)
Project: EV Charging Programme
Recruitment Partner: Airswift
Account Manager: Ryan Kirkpatrick
An integral part of our transition from an International Oil Company to an Integrated Energy Company is the entry of electrical vehicle (EV) charging markets in key countries e.g. Germany, UK, Spain and Portugal. Our mission is to create the fastest and most reliable charger network in the markets we operate in. We are proud to be in a position to expand our UK team and have partnered with Airswift to support our recruitment plans in 2022.
We are looking to hire a Project Controls Engineer to provide expertise in support of the EV Charging Programme currently being implemented across key locations throughout Europe. This is an opportunity to be part of the energy transition initiative in electrification for future mobility and solutions; you will join a business with an envious position in a fast-growing market, and ultimately help enable more people to transition to electric vehicles. You will not just be part of the biggest change in the automotive industry for a century - you will be at the forefront of it as we shape the EV charging market in key regions.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for working in a team to deliver cluster reporting services and ensure the integrity and effectiveness of estimating, planning / scheduling, cost tracking, programme MoC, and programme/function risks. The role will support the development of the programme controls strategy, plans and procedures, implementing continuous improvements plans and managing conformance within the cluster and external requirements.
Key Results / Accountabilities
- Act as a point of contact for controls related activity within the cluster
- Deliver the cluster controls, ensuring the controls capability is onboard at the right time/place
- Deliver appropriate stage gate estimates and bases of estimate
- Support the development of stage gate appropriate Financial Memorandums (FMs) with estimating and scheduling norms.
- Prepare an integrated Cluster Control Schedule (CCS) and level 1 schedule for the cluster
- Compile the Forecast Final Cost (FFC), cost phasing, variances and uncertainties for leadership review monthly
- Ensure cluster and programme change and risk impacts are captured in cost and schedule updates (inc. trends)
- Coordinate quarterly financial updates (GFO’s) and internal Cluster Controls verification reviews
- Support the delivery of the Cluster Information Management activities to support the programme
- Communicating the plan effectively across the organisation, understanding the importance of the yearly targets and driving to deliver
Essential Experience / Job Requirements
- Major Programme Experience (10+ years)
- Solid, broad-based experience in the concept development, selection, design and/or construction phases of programmes/projects with an excellent track record of delivery.
- Self-motivation and a high level of individual initiative and self-reliance are required.
- Ability to interface, influence, and work effectively with members of Cluster and Programme.
- Bias for simplification and efficiency with focus on fit-for-purpose deliverables that meet the needs of the business.
- Proven ability to build relationships, actively engage and respect contributions of others.
- Good written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills with expertise in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, PowerApps, PowerBi and ability to adapt quickly to new ‘digital’ technologies.
- Ability to keep things simple – Focus on efficiency with focus on fit-for-purpose deliverables that meet the needs of the cluster (given the emerging nature of the EV Business)
- Influencing and communication skills in English language
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Able to work in a performance culture that is designed to deliver success
- Good inter-personal skills and behaviours
- Ability to produce good quality written reports and summary presentations – able to communicate clarity from complexity
- Competent with computers and IT including experience of using standard productivity software (e.g. MS Outlook, Teams, MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, PowerApps and PowerBi)
- Understanding of data capture, transfer, storage and retrieval.
- Ability to support the development of electronic data capture and storage globally for efficient management data reporting
Desirable Criteria / Qualifications
- A member of ACostE or project management accreditation
- Knowledge of the EV market and the issues around an EV charging network
- Experience with Telecommunications and Automotive industry
- Experience in production planning