Our client, a major Oil and Gas company, is looking for a Project Controls Coordinator III to work on a +12-month contract in Houston, TX.
- The position estimates costs for future projects and tracks costs of existing projects.
- This position is recognized as an expert on cost in relation to the order of operations for pipeline and station construction.
- This position receives limited direction from the supervisor, work is not reviewed on a regular basis, and the position consults with the supervisor primarily for Company or departmental vision clarifications.
- This position leads other contract personnel in basic, intermediate, and advanced functions in the job family Work with the Superintendent or Coordinator to develop a projected schedule for proposed project and use it to estimate the cost.
- Serve as route code owners and service receipt confirmers in the Companys Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system Responsible for the preparation of all field-initiated Service Release Orders (SROs).
- Works with the Contract Management Group to ensure that prime contracts include the proper WBS account coding for work performed.
- Process invoices, track ongoing costs, and maintain a cash flow forecast for current projects.
- Anticipate variances and report them to the Superintendents, Project Managers and Cost Coordinators.
- Report accruals on monthly and quarterly basis Interpret complex schedules to derive cost implications Interfaces with Project Management, Project Controls and field personnel Interpret daily construction reports, NDE reports, survey reports, and other technical construction information for cost implications Work with the Office Clerk, Contract Analyst, or Contract Conformance Specialist to ensure correct close-out of contract invoices.
- Processes partial and final retainage releases for construction contracts.
- Provide guidance to the field Cost Analysts, Office Clerks, and others as required on cost-related matters.
- The position requires a bachelors degree in a financial or technical field, plus demonstrated experience in the natural gas industry, or eight (8) CE II , or ten (10) CE III, years of estimating and/or cost tracking experience, and familiarity with gas pipeline construction.
- The position requires demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Excel to analyze large data sets.
- The position also requires demonstrated knowledge of Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) and account coding.
- Microsoft Project Project scheduling Construction contracting strategies Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel One or more ERP Systems.
- Previous experience working in natural gas field construction in one or more of the following roles: Office Clerk Material Clerk Survey Inspector Materials Inspector/Clerk/Coordinator Diversified experience consolidating field cost data and mapping to various enterprise cost management programs.