Our client, a major Oil and Gas company, is looking for a Cost Engineer to work on a 12-month contract in Houston, TX.
- The position estimates costs for future projects and tracks costs of existing projects.
- This position is recognized as an expert on cost in relation to the order of operations for pipeline and station
- This position receives limited direction from the supervisor, work is not reviewed on a
regular basis, and the position consults with the supervisor primarily for Company or departmental
- This position leads other contract personnel in basic, intermediate, and advanced
functions in the job family.
- Work with the Superintendent or Coordinator to develop a projected schedule for proposed project
and use it to estimate the cost.
- Serve as route code owners and service receipt confirmers in the Company’s Enterprise Resource
Planning (ERP) system.
- Responsible for the preparation of all field?initiated Service Release Orders (SROs). Works with the
Contract Management Group to ensure that prime contracts include the proper WBS account coding for
- Process invoices, track ongoing costs, and maintain a cash flow forecast for current projects.
- Anticipate variances and report them to the Superintendents, Project Managers and Cost Coordinators.
- Report accruals on monthly and quarterly basis.
- Interpret complex schedules to derive cost implications.
- Interfaces with Project Management, Project Controls and field personnel.
- Interpret daily construction reports, NDE reports, survey reports, and other technical construction
information for cost implications.
- Work with the Office Clerk, Contract Analyst, or Contract Conformance Specialist to ensure correct
close?out of contract invoices.
- Processes partial and final retainage releases for construction contracts.
- Provide guidance to the field Cost Analysts, Office Clerks, and others as required on cost related
- The position requires a bachelor’s degree in a financial or technical field, plus demonstrated experience
in the natural gas industry, or eight (8) CE II , or ten (10) CE III, years of estimating and/or cost tracking
experience, and familiarity with gas pipeline construction.
- The position requires demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Excel to analyze large data sets.
- The position also requires demonstrated knowledge of Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) and account coding.
- Microsoft Project
- Project scheduling.
- Construction contracting strategies.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- One or more ERP Systems
- Previous experience working in natural gas field construction in one or more of the following roles:
Office Clerk - Material Clerk - Survey Inspector - Materials Inspector/Clerk/Coordinator - Diversified experience consolidating field cost data and mapping to various enterprise cost management