Our client, a major Oil and Gas company, is looking for a Project Controller III to work on a 12-month contract in Denver, CO.
- Use physical progress "S" curves, manpower histograms, productivity or earned value measures to measure progress and performance monthly.
- Update the cost forecast and schedule by identifying changes, inaccuracies, or areas where actual performance varies from the control budget, schedule, or resource plans.
- Submit monthly cost reports, and written status report to Chevron Pipeline and Power (CPP) Project Managers (PMs) per Cost Reporting Schedule for key milestone dates.
- Provide CPP monthly accrual summary. See Cost Reporting Schedule for key milestone dates.
- Meet with CPP PMs monthly to review cost report and discuss any variances, changes, or trends. See Cost Reporting Schedule for meeting dates. Monthly schedule status update meetings Ensure timely and accurate reporting of vendor costs and progress by receiving and verifying monthly vendor cost actuals and progress
- Ensure timely invoicing by vendors to avoid items more than 30 days old (main contractor should ensure the same for third party vendors). Compare previous months report against current month invoices to ensure reporting alignment Incorporate vendor cost actuals and forecasts to cost report monthly Generate AFE in SAP Review Quote and SOW, generate PO/SO in SMART
- Review projects for final closure.
- High School Diploma
- Preferred: Industrial Engineering Degree or similar Engineering Degree
- Provide an accurate and timely assessment of project costs against the approved budget Recognize actual Contractor progress, milestones achieved, variances in cost, and forecast actual vs. budgeted cost Ensure accurate and timely reporting of overall Project costs against budgets Forecast cash flow for purposes of timely project funding Ensure scope changes are identified, evaluated, documented, and approved prior to implementation Document and define financial change variances and their correlation to the contingency drawdown
- Provide invoice review processes to ensure accurate verification coding of invoices. Directly interface with SAP Accounting, Finance, and other external stakeholders to ensure that business information requirements are satisfied Provide liaison support for Company and regulatory authority financial audits. (preserving reimbursable documents for projects in the state of CA) Verify Contractor variation order estimates
- Develop CPL cost tracking method for monthly budgets and year end accruals. Must be proficient in Excelespecially formulation