Our client is seeking a Project Controller (Project Controls professional) to join their team in a 1-year contract assignment, working in Bakersfield, CA.
Summary of Project:
Project Controls is a management process for controlling the investment of resources in a project. Project controls includes developing and implementing the Project Execution Plan by CPDEP phase, performing cost accounting, measuring, and assessing progress and performance, evaluating cost and schedule impacts from trends and changes and updating forecasts against cost and schedule baselines.
Candidate Location Requirements:
- The selected candidate should be located in the Bakersfield area and will be working onsite on a 9/80 schedule
- Provide an accurate and timely assessment of project costs against the approved budget
- Recognize actual Contractor progress, milestones achieved, variances in cost, and forecast actual vs. budgeted cost
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of overall Project costs against budgets
- Forecast cash flow for purposes of timely project funding
- Ensure scope changes are identified, evaluated, documented, and approved prior to implementation
- Document and define financial change variances and their correlation to the contingency drawdown
- Provide invoice review processes to ensure accurate verification coding of invoices.
- Directly interface with SAP Accounting, Finance, and other external stakeholders to ensure that business information requirements are satisfied
- Provide liaison support for Company and regulatory authority financial audits. (preserving reimbursable documents for projects in the state of CA)
- Verify Contractor variation order estimates
- Develop CPL cost tracking method for monthly budgets and year end accruals.
Overall work during Phase 4 completed at or below the cost and schedule estimate:
- Use physical progress "S" curves, manpower histograms, productivity or earned value measures to measure progress and performance monthly.
- Update the cost forecast and schedule by identifying changes, inaccuracies, or areas where actual performance varies from the control budget, schedule, or resource plans.
Reporting of Cost and Schedule:
- Submit monthly cost reports, and written status report to Chevron Pipeline (CPL) Project Managers (PMs), CPL Manager - Projects per Cost Reporting Schedule for key milestone dates.
- Provide CPL monthly accrual summary. See Cost Reporting Schedule for key milestone dates.
- Meet with CPL PMs monthly to review cost report and discuss any variances, changes, or trends. See Cost Reporting Schedule for meeting dates.
- Monthly schedule status update meetings
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of vendor costs and progress by receiving and verifying monthly vendor cost actuals and progress
- Ensure timely invoicing by vendors to avoid items more than 30 days old (main contractor should ensure the same for third party vendors).
- Compare previous months report against current month invoices to ensure reporting alignment
- Incorporate vendor cost actuals and forecasts to cost report monthly
Cost Engineering Management of Change Plan:
- The change request originator will define changes as they occur as well as define any cost or schedule impacts.
- Categorize those changes that are cost/schedule-related into scope changes, deviations, or trends.
- Illustrate how cost changes are treated within the cost control system to help produce cost forecasts.
- Track changes to contingency.
- Update the estimate to reflect the current scope of work as well as current changes. Additionally, compare actual cost against estimated cost.
Progress Measurement Plan:
- Review Contracting & Procurement Strategy and determine method of progress measurement for specific contract types (e.g. lump sum, reimbursable, unit rate)
- Identify level of effort activities such as project management and administration and determine method of progress measurement
- Identify apportioned effort activities such as inspection and determine method of progress measurement
- 5-7 years of progressive experience
- Must be proficient Excel especially formulation
- Generating AFE in SAP
- Reviewing Quote and SOW, generate PO/SO in SMART
- Reviewing projects for final closure.
- Managing Projects certification
- Must have knowledge in the following financial project control areas: forecasting, budgeting, planning, estimating and cost analysis
- Must have knowledge in the following planning project control areas: earned value analysis, probabilistic estimating and critical path identification and analysis
- Experience in reporting and tracking project work efforts and cost on complex project
- Able to work across multiple teams with different leadership styles
- Strong organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills
- High School diploma/GED
- Video Teams Interview