About the company
Our client is a major supplier of Rolling Stock, Signalling and associated Services for the rail industry throughout Australia. They have recently been awarded a major rail program for the Metronet projects in Perth, Western Australia.
About the role
Our client is seeking to appoint an experienced Project Buyer to be based in Perth to assist on a major rail project. Reporting to the Project Sourcing Manager, the successful candidate will have an abundance of knowledge and experience dealing with sub c-class material, rolling stock and has a key understanding of the technical side of supplies.
This is a fast-paced role and prior exposure to projects environment is essential to achieving high results for the company. Exposure to electrical sub-system operations will be highly regarded.
- Identification of project and business needs
- Preparation and launch of Request For Quotation with suppliers using the standard tool
- Negotiation of cost reduction with suppliers
- Inputs provider / contributor for order placement
- Ensure QCD targets achievement, CONQ (Cost of Non Quality) and claims management
- Lead supplier QCD performance reviews
- Consolidation of commodity needs, inputs
- Active participation to commodity strategy and panel elaboration
- Represent the commodities towards projects, platforms and solutions
- Effective teamwork with internal customers and stakeholders in problem solving
- Business school or Engineering degree with Master in purchasing
- Strong communication skills to be able to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Rail industry experience
- Electrical sub-system experience