One of our major clients in the oil and gas industry is looking for a IMS Assurance and Audit Program Specialist to work on a 1-year contract in North York, ON.
- Support the development of an overarching audit and assurance program aligned to the Integrated Management System (IMS) and Quality Management functions.
- Coordinate the schedule, preparation, monitoring, and improvement of multiple audits related to the IMS, its programs (e.g. Integrity Management, Health & Safety, Security, Asset Management, etc.) and its elements (e.g. Leadership & Governance, Requirements Management, Risk Management, etc.)
- Support the integration, implementation and continual improvement of the IMS assurance element
- Enhance, track and support development of Management Action Plan management and reporting
- Collaborate with and support the IMS team, Management Program (MP) and Element partners during internal and regulatory assurance engagements
- Develop and implement robust governance and data management for assurance activities of the IMS in areas like Top Management Reviews, Management Program reviews, audits and verifications, and requirement gap assessments.
- Engage with key assurance stakeholders across the enterprise
- Support the implementation of improvements to address potential findings or recommendations from internal/external audits or verifications
- Draft processes and other documents and provide maintenance and technical support in alignment with corporate records management requirements and documentation standards
- Related university degree with 6+ years of relevant experience OR 8+ years of previous field operations experience OR equivalent mix of formal education and experience.
- Experience participating in audits and assurance activities with both internal and external regulators (e.g. Canadian Energy Regulator (CER), PHMSA) and auditors.
- Experience in developing and maintaining assurance and audit programs
- Experience administering compliance and concordance systems
- Ability to influence and motivate through flexibility, building relationships, and demonstrated leadership.
- Strong verbal and written communication, meeting facilitation, and presentation skills
- Detailed-orientated, working towards continuous improvements and great interpersonal skills.
You will stand out if you have:
- Experience developing annual assurance and audit plans
- Experience and understanding of Safety Management Systems and the interpretation of management codes and standards; CER Onshore Pipeline Regulations.
- Previously worked in an Internal Audit for Regulatory Compliance function
- Ability to perform trend and risk analysis
- Experience with Power BI
Schedule: 5/40 Hybrid model (Monday – Friday)