Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process, and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Our client is seeking a Production Superintendent to work within their facilities located in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for a 12-15months assignment.
Roles and responsibilities
The Production Superintendent will exhibit exemplary leadership, managerial and safety behaviours and will specifically ensure that all aspects of production activity are carried out effectively and efficiently. The position will suit personnel from Marine or Onshore hydrocarbon process operations background. The Production Superintendent assumes responsibility for safety, financial, logistical and operational aspects of production activities and is responsible for the competence of those under his immediate supervision.
- Operate the process plant safely and efficiently in line with corporate policies and procedures
- Promote/implement Company QHSE Policies Implement, maintain, review Company QHSE Management system.
- Report/investigate Accident/Incident, Near Misses, unsafe acts/conditions, HSE Non-Conformities and other issues with safety impacts
- Carry out assigned duties during an emergency situation, as detailed in the Emergency Response Procedures
- Have knowledge of Permit to Work System and act as Area Authority for process plant
- Be fully conversant with Isolation Philosophy, Risk Assessment, Job Safety Analysis requirements.
- Participate on tri-party inspections during Project EPCIC transitions between Mechanical Completion and Pre-Commissioning phases, and during the Handover phases between Commissioning to Operations, supporting the project Manager and OIM on punch lists development and sub-systems/systems acceptance
- Carry out the planned production programmer in a safe and proper manner.
- Ensure that the FPSO has adequate supplies (spares and consumables) for maintenance of the process equipment.
- Supervise installation and area under his/her responsibility.
- Keep daily records and logs in connection with production process.
- Be responsible for the coordination of the Permit to Work system leaded and conducted by its Production Supervisors, from FPSO Voyage onwards.
- Ensure that all instruction books concerning his/her operational area are updated and available
- Ensure that tests e sampling delegated to his/her department are performed within the applicable / established deadlines and are constantly properly managed.
- Support the OIM on developing Management System competence training to all offshore production operations crew, ensuring 100% of completion prior to first oil.
- Develop the refinement of the 1st and 2nd year OPEX numbers together with the OIM and other Heads of Department and guarantee the required levels of budgetary accountabilities.
- Responsible for the development of the Operations Manual with regards to Production and Start-up related procedures, consonant to the constitution of SPV2’s Management System.
- Support the ORA Manager and the HSEQ Manager during Project conversion and operations phases towards ensuring approved results on IBAMA, ANP SGSO, ISO 14000, OHSAS 18001 and ISM Code audits (during Project and Operations).
Qualification and Experience
- Technical or University degree in process or other training certificate related to process plant operations. Desirable a university degree.
- Extensive experience related to FPSO Operations.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in FPSO Operations, out of which 5 years of recent operations in FPSO Contracts.
- Fluent English and Portuguese.