The GBS procurement aspires to be a world-class, business centric organization, working to support delivery of the business groups and functional strategies with efficiency, effectiveness and a great stakeholder experience. GBS Procurement is pivoting to be more aligned to the delivery of client's transformation agenda and key business drivers.
Reporting to the Head of Supply Strategy Talent the Production Category Director will play a key part in shaping the future of the Production categories. The candidate will determine the supply strategies associated with the application of new and current Production based requirements to existing business problems or practices in line with the client's strategic agenda. The role holder will be part of the local KL procurement leadership team.
The post holder will lead the local have deep production market expertise, excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Support delivery of client's business and functional strategies with efficiency, effectiveness and a great stakeholder experience
- Lead the development of Production category strategies enabling effective and efficient operational execution while ensuring a great stakeholder experience
- Develop and own strong working relationships with senior level leaders of the key organisations across the business groups
- Accountable for the overarching performance of Production Categories
- Understand the implications of developments in the marketplace and evaluate how they may present opportunities or threats
- Develop a more agile and innovative approach to supply market engagement to drive greater transformational impact
- Enable optimisation of requirements while promoting transformation as the business and market allows
- Promote the mindset shift required to transition from a traditional category focus towards an agile way of thinking, i.e. encouraging & appreciating value, speed and flexibility
- Build a sustainable core of high calibre, entrepreneurial, supply market experts with strong business acumen, digital fluency, innovation and relationship management skills across the team.
- Balance control & risk with driving value in line with Group priorities
Qualification,Experience & Competencies:
- An undergraduate degree (ideally in procurement or business) or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 20 years professional experience in procurement and category management positions required.
- Deep subject matter expertise in the Production types category supply market
- Experience of working cross culturally and in an international environment
- Ability to communicate and influence across different levels in the organisation
- Engaging and collaborative way of working
- Resilient and experienced in working in multi-faceted environment
- Category Spend Profiling- Develops insights on spend profiles that result in elimination of non-value add spend within the category. Identifies key external and environmental drivers and uses this to recommend sourcing initiatives.
- Contract Management- Uses a wide range of contracts in appropriate situations. Draft moderate to complex contract language. Demonstrates deep contracting knowledge in relevant categories. Fully engages business stakeholders and suppliers to collaborate and co-create appropriate and meaningful contract documents driving superior outcomes for all parties.
- Supplier Relationship Management- Develops strategic supplier relationships to deliver value improvements for the business. Builds behaviours and ways of working that have mutual benefit.
- Value Creation & Management- Champions the application of advanced and innovative quality processes, techniques and strategies. Intervenes to inspire more creativity and to stretch goals further. Ensures maximum value of opportunities by leveraging client’s global scale.
- Cost Modelling- Proposes internal and external solutions to reduce costs over the life of the purchase and implements solutions as agreed.
- Influencing- Seen internally as a true ‘value driver’ ensuring organisation is at forefront of opportunities to improve.
- Innovation- Evaluates future directions and risks based on current and future strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. Develops innovative ideas and methods of doing things making connections between previously unrelated areas.
- Project Management- Manages stakeholder expectations. Lead project execution to maximise value to client while mitigating project risk.
- Analytical Thinking- Applies analytical techniques to solve complex problems. Identifies, evaluates and makes clear recommendations based on analysis.
- Decision Making- Analyses often conflicting input from a broad range of internal and external stakeholders to arrive at a pragmatic, commercially viable decision based on evidence and insights.
- Digital Fluency- Pioneers and champions for digital methods, mind-set and ways of working across the organisation to deliver enhanced value.