Our major client in the Oil & Gas is looking for a Production & Measurement Support Engineer to work in their facilities located in the North Slope/Anchorage, AK.
- Provide technical support to the Production and Measurement Operations Engineering functions.
- Possess basic technical engineering skills, with the desire to develop into a supporting role for Production and Measurement Operations Engineering positions.
- Specific attention will be given to production reporting to the State, Measurement compliance with our client, State and other company requirements, and internal well testing and production allocation determination.
- The position will be based in the Anchorage office and will be expected to spend one week per month on the North Slope.
- Collaborate with and take direction from the Production Engineer and Measurement Operations Engineer
- Work closely with, and advise site Production personnel
- Travel to North Slope is required
- Support Production Engineer with data management and State reporting
- Review well trends and identify wells that need further analysis
- Assist in managing State regulatory requirements (SVS testing, MIT testing, Adminstrative Approval requirements)
- Assist internal Well Integrity Tool quartely compliance
- Vacation fillin for Production Engineer and Measurement Operations Engineer as ‘first call’
Measurement Compliance Responsibilities:
- Commercial and Regulatory compliance: NRC, AOGCC and PPSA
- Maintain SLB Vx Meters: update and validate well profiles, supervise all other periodic maintenance
- Data validation: Vx Meters, other custody transfer meters, production metering associated with production and injection wells
- AVM Avocet Volumes Manager allocation software – sole support for Alaska
Reservoir Engineering Support:
- Support Reservoir Engineering department with Production data management, and other requests, as necessary
Expected Level of Proficiency
- Strong technical attributes (e.g., attention to details, highly organized and good math/analytical skills)
- Advanced Excel skills
- Display good troubleshooting skills:
- Able to solve technical issues in a timely manner
- Displays good judgement, understands when to request help
- Good field troubleshooting skills
- Able to interface with and work well in a team environment:
- Work well with peers, field personnel, and other groups within organization
- Knowledge/ awareness of State of Alaska measurement regulatory codes, AOGCC requirements
- Detailed understanding of Production Engineering concepts and practices
Measurement Compliance Requirements:
- Working knowledge of multiphase flowmeters; preferably SLB Vx meters (desirable)
- Chemistry and Radiation Science and Safety background (desirable)
- Technical writing skills and ability to train others
Skill Profile (overall)
- BS in Petroleum/Chemicals/Mechanical Engineering (others Disciplines as appropriate)
- Oil & gas experience preferred
- Familiar with North Slope operations and production facilities
- Good teamwork skills to interface with office and field staff
- Proficient using MS Office software (excel, word, power point, outlook, etc)