Our client, a major petrochemical company is looking for a Procurement Specialist to work on a 12-month contract in Calgary, AB.
This position will report to the Team Leader, Business Services. The duties of the role will focus on all elements of procurement, from tactical to strategic. The individual will be a member of our Business Services team and will actively contribute to the organization by supporting and/or managing a portfolio of service-related commodities assigned depending on the person’s knowledge and experience.
- Apply Company and Procurement standards, policies, processes, procedures and methodology.
- Leverage practical experience while leading the development and execution of supply strategies for corporate services.
- Conduct market research and perform basic analysis in support of identified business requirements.
- Develop and apply innovative solutions for their assigned services portfolio
- Develop service provider selection criteria and qualify service providers against the criteria using established processes, including third-party contractor qualification process
- Participate in or lead cross-functional teams.
- Establish and maintain effective interfaces between Business Services, internal client groups and service providers.
- Work with internal client groups to identify and prioritize improvement opportunities.
- Identify and resolve routine and non-routine issues with both your suppliers and your client base.
- Apply purchasing and negotiating tools and processes, including utilization of eSourcing tools as appropriate.
- Lead negotiations for select commercial transactions, including balanced contractual terms and conditions.
- Manage assigned portfolio and respective supplier relationships, including performance measures, processes, and results
- Initiate and participate in interactions with service providers and end users to build and enhance relationships.
- Coach and mentor other team members on policies, processes and best practices in support of Procurement’s overall goals and objectives.
- Provide back-up support to other Procurement Specialists when needed
Requirements and Qualifications:
- University graduate with 3+ years related experience and continued professional development OR 7+ years combination of post-secondary education and related experience and continued professional development. A professional accreditation is a plus
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Effective change management and conflict management skills
- Strong ability to influence, mediate and persuade
- Demonstrated negotiation and contracting experience
- Demonstrated ability to provide high level of customer focus and service
- Demonstrated ability to drive projects through various phases from idea generation to implementation
- Strategic thinking, planning, and analytical skills to understand supply market dynamics, generate purchasing strategies, effectively negotiate agreements, and implement solutions to complex and multi-dimensional problems
- Ability to perform effectively under tight deadlines with multiple priorities
- Self-motivated, adaptable, creative, innovative, results-oriented
- SAP / SAP Ariba experience a plus