Our client, a major chemical company, is looking for a Procurement Manager to work on a long-term contract in Houston, TX. Seeking dynamic process and governance advocate responsible to drive and collaborate with the procurement organization in its development of a sustainable process to govern overall procurement activities that are evolving because of ongoing business transformation activities. This individual will collaborate with procurement leadership and team members to update the overall process design and its application, and continuous improvement in accordance with process guidelines, framework, and tools in procurement to drive improved procurement performance. This role ensures that processes are sufficiently described, documented, reviewed, updated, and promulgated to the organization while ensuring appropriate controls and accuracy.
- Work as a part of the procurement business improvement team to lead and coordinate the development, implementation, and execution of procurement and contracting processes, governance, compliance, and assurance.
- Assist in the redesign, implementation, communication, and ongoing execution of an effective procurement governance model through the development and documentation of effective and efficient procedures and guidance
- Create, standardize, and document key procurement and business processes that support consistent, efficient, and effective procurement activities
- Develop and contribute to the longer-term vision and strategy for the procurement process and governance
- Work closely with various internal groups to understand process improvement needs, implement new processes, and contribute to ongoing process improvements within the procurement function
- Assess procurement-related processes for quality and robustness, identify gaps or inefficiencies, and propose solutions and improvements to balance efficiency with risk mitigation
- Ensure sufficient levels of control, accountability, and compliance in procurement processes
- Identify opportunities and best practices/industry norms with solutions that accelerate outcomes and performance
- Establish and implement systems and processes to gauge the effectiveness of the procurement process, monitor and benchmark whether procurement objectives and commitments are being achieved and reflected in organizational performance and outcomes
- Foster a culture of awareness across the organization on the procurement process and topics
- Deep understanding of end-to-end procurement process, methodologies, and related risks
- Thorough understanding of Source Pay processes and dependencies
- Demonstrated experience in developing and documenting effective processes that balance complexity with ease of use and ability to execute
- Demonstrated ability to present and interpret risk scenarios to management.
- Ability to balance ideology with existing corporate culture, while challenging embedded practices for the betterment of the organization
- Demonstrated experience in developing documents and presenting complex information to colleagues at all levels
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills to achieve collaboration and alignment
- Bachelor's degree in business, procurement, supply chain, or relatable field
- 10-15 years of experience in Procurement/Global Supply Chain (GSC)
- 1-5 years in a Procurement/GSC leadership role with experience in the development/modification of global procurement policy within a large/diverse org
- O&G experience (Downstream) but open to other similar globally organized industries