Our client, a major Oil and Gas company, is looking for a Procurement III to work on a 6 months contract in Houston, TX.
- Coordinates the procurement of material, equipment, consumables by ensuring the appropriate procurement methods are used (including bidding, contracting, ordering, expediting and related transportation).
- Negotiates with suppliers on BU's behalf regarding various commercial and operational matters related to orders. Ensures proper terms and conditions are included on all purchase/service orders.
- Keeps abreast of developments / best practices in the procurement and supply chain management discipline.
- Supports all Global Procurement initiatives, including e-Procurement, contracting best practices, compliance and the Investment Recovery and Inventory Management program.
- Supports accounts payable efforts by acting as a consultant on matters related to Procurement including payable issue resolution, delegates invoicing issues to the correct intra function entity to resolve.
- Acts as an expert on matters related to materials and services procurement, the processes used to procure materials and services and the associated systems (SMART, SAP, ERS,); resolves vendor supply / invoicing issues.
- Manage MRP process in SAP, and coordinate repair of stock items, as necessary.
- Coordinate strategic bulk purchases and alert end users to changing demands in the market.
- Supports the implementation of new processes or technologies as appropriate.
- Ensures all internal controls are administered without exception and implements all audit requirements and recommendations.
- Manages associated health, environmental and safety risks for all areas of position.
- Assist warehouse personnel with goods receiving issue resolution, ordering expediting, follow up, and reorder points.
- Microsoft Office/Suite
- Oil and gas background
- strong customer focus, with the ability to work well with Mid-Continent Business Unit personnel including Operations, Maintenance, Engineering, Wells, SMEs, and support functions.
- Willingness to learn and understand business operations, different types of equipment and services, with some need for supplier management and contracting.