Our client, a major Oil & Gas company, is looking for a Procurement Analyst to work on a 12-months contract in Calgary, AB.
This role will be primarily involved with supporting procurement requirements within Maintenance, Operations, and other auxiliary Site Service business areas of the conventional operations. Will support all operational requirements of materials, equipment and services, partnering closely with various internal stakeholders.
- Handle all procurement activities related to site and warehouse replenishment requirements
- Provide consultations and recommendations to business stakeholders regarding purchasing policies, practices, procedures and objectives
- Recommend and select the appropriate procurement method to satisfy the business requirement varying in size, value and complexity
- Manages competitive procurement process from RFx development through evaluation, award, and closeout.
- Develop and maintain supplier relationships that satisfies expectations of the procurement process
- Serve as liaison between business stakeholders and outsider suppliers
- Source and expedite to meet business requirements
- Negotiate orders to achieve best value
- Manage warranty claims with suppliers
- Works toward reducing procurement costs, improving efficiency and monitoring compliance.
- May be required to execute tasks and responsibilities not listed in this job description
- Office Based role. May require trips to the field periodically where Environmental Conditions/Exposure is possible.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Post-secondary degree in Supply Chain Management
- 3-5 years of experience in a procurement environment
- SCMP designation is considered an asset
- Experience in the Oil and Gas Industry is an asset
- Knowledge of Procure to Pay (P2P) lifecycle, performance metrics and reporting, and SCM processes
- Experience in SAP, CLM, and ARIBA an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Capable of working in a fast-paced work environment with dynamically shifting priorities and deadlines