Our client, a major Oil & Gas company, is seeking a Procurement Advisor to work a long-term contract until December 2024 in St. John, NL.
- Establishing cost-effective supply agreements through development of purchasing strategies, competitive bidding and negotiations
- Leading negotiations, value analysis and studies of price trends, and investigating new sources of supply to realize improved costs, delivery and security of supply
- Manage pool vehicle fleet
- Building relationships with end users of materials/services within the business unit (BU) and key functional groups at corporate office
- Meeting with sales and technical representatives relative to commercial issues and new products in their respective industries
- Developing rapport with sales/technical representatives to ensure prompt service and good business relations
- Evaluating the performance expectations of suppliers through industry benchmarks and company standards
- Evaluate opportunities to improve the flow of materials during the purchasing process.
- Responsible for executing all aspects of materials management as applicable to the role, in accordance with the expectations and requirements.
- Request for Quotation Processing
- Evaluate reuse/buy and modify material
- Master Data inquiries/support
- Vendor correspondence/expediting
- Pool Vehicle administration
- 10 years purchasing experience
- Degree or Technical Diploma (Asset)
- SCMP Designation (Asset)
- 10 years oil industry experience (Asset)