Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Oil & Gas clients to seek a Process Engineer to work in Spring, TX for a 12-months contract position.
· Provide process engineering and technical support for manufacturing facilities, project development, and technology deployment, with specialization in Hydroprocessing, Reforming, Hydrogen Plant, Coking, or Fluid Catalytic Cracking process technologies.
· Maintain collaborative and influential roles and relationships with the manufacturing sites and/or Licensees across the globe to provide recommendations on technical troubleshooting efforts, optimization and debottlenecking studies, and project development and design.
· Technical leadership and mentoring are key facets of the job.
· Provide process engineering and technical support for the Company and Licensing manufacturing sites in the Downstream, as well as Chemical and Upstream for some process technologies.
· Provide process engineering and technical support for capital projects of varying sizes to meet business needs and ensure efficient use of capital.
· Provide active Technical Leadership in the process area – assist organization in goal setting, mentor and provide guidance to less experienced engineers, influence EMRE and Manufacturing, proactively share technical and organizational knowledge, envision and influence improvements and value capture.
· Lead or support troubleshooting or improvement opportunities.
· Mentor and train less experienced technical specialists.
· Work collaboratively with vendors and suppliers within established requirements to ensure appropriate design, manufacture, testing and delivery of equipment.
· Support successful installation, commissioning, and operation of grassroots or revamped facilities.
· Support site turnarounds and startup/shutdowns, on planned or unplanned (short notice) basis.
· Interface with the Company’s R&D organization to identify opportunities for research, provide guidance on success factors of R&D efforts, and effectively deploy new technologies.
- BS degree in Chemical Engineering.
- A minimum of 8 years of oil and gas, petrochemical, or refining industry experience.
- A minimum of 4 years specialization in either Hydroprocessing, Reforming, Hydrogen Plant, Coking, or Fluid Catalytic Cracking process technologies.
- Technical refining experience, including monitoring, troubleshooting, asset support, projects and turnarounds.
- Experience in life cycle analysis, renewable feedstock processing is a plus.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting abilities.
- Demonstrated commitment to personnel and process safety leadership in all aspects of engineering work.
- Able to effectively communicate verbally and in written form to a variety of audiences.
- Process and Equipment design experience, including use of process simulation packages.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and stakeholders.
- Must be able to thrive in a goal-oriented, collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated sound business judgment and ability to incorporate the "big picture" into strategy development.
- Ability to think strategically and develop creative fit for purpose solutions to resolve operational problems.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and promote change to achieve desired results with no direct authority.
- Experience as a formal or informal leader and mentor.
- Willingness to travel domestically or internationally as needed.
- Strong facilitation skills for use in cross-functional efforts.
- Exposure to R&D and pilot plant facilities preferred.