About the company
Our client is a successful and leading Oil and Gas company based in PNG. They are passionate about delivering social and economic change and aspire to set the standards for private sector contribution to sustainable development.
About the role
Our client is seeking to appoint a Process Engineer to be based in Papua New Guinea to support in the delivery of safe, reliable and optimal production system performance. Reporting to the On-Site Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for predicting future performance and setting targets for the production system which ensure safe and reliable operations and optimises production.
The role is also responsible for analysing data to identify deviations, threats or opportunities.
This is a permanent opportunity based in the Highlands of Papua New Guinea, FIFO - 8 weeks on 8 weeks off until covid-19 restrictions are lifted.
- Attractive base salary, plus allowances
- Permanent opportunity with a major Oil and Gas company
- FIFO available
Required skills and experiences
To succeed in this role, the ideal candidate with be able to demonstrate the following skills and experiences:
- Tertiary qualifications in process or chemical engineering
- Eligible for registration as an RPQ
- Oil and Gas background with significant operational experience
- Understands chemistry and physics governing the operation to a detailed level
- Demonstrated ability to articulate complex physics and chemistry into understandable language
- Strong modelling skills and ability to apply engineering principles to build custom models where appropriate
- Excellent report writing skills and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to liaise with multiple stakeholders