Our client is seeking a Process Engineer to work within their facilities located in Fort Saskatchewan, AB, for an 8-month assignment.
A Process Engineer to work as an Operations Support Engineer (OSE) that provides process engineering support to the 24x7 Production organization to ensure excellence in Process Safety, Reliability, Margin/Energy Optimization, and Cost Management.
- The OSE plays a key role in Continuous Improvement, Project Development, and Turnaround Planning and Execution.
- Complete process engineering studies, alarm studies and alarm change MOCs, support unit monitoring and troubleshooting, lead and execute process engineering pre-work activities for a major Turnaround execution.
- Interface with Production, Turn Around, and Technical departments to frame and develop the scope required to execute Shutdown, decontamination, maintenance, and start-up safely, predictably and reliably.
- Provide process engineering input on how the scope of change impacts the operation of the facility to ensure the design achieves the expected outcome.
- Develop the relevant deliverables for change management process. E.g. Process engineering scope of work, P&ID markups, process engineering studies (H&MB, hydraulics, RVs, pump requirements, etc.).
- Support development of TA inspection packages.
- Detailed process engineering scope assurance and turnaround execution strategy development.
- Field walk.
- Operation procedure reviews.
- Turnaround execution role – including vessel and equipment inspections, catalyst loading, etc. Turnaround execution will require 6 x 10 hr support.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering with 7+ years of experience.
- At least 3+ years experience in operations support role (contact engineer, operations engineer, facilities engineer, etc.) in refining, upgrading, chemicals or gas processing facility environment.
- Registered as a professional engineer in Alberta with APEGA, or the ability to register as a P.Eng. with APEGA.
- Experience in managing small projects/Management of Change of a multidisciplinary nature.
- Excellent collaboration, communication, and stakeholder management skills are critical to role due to a multitude of stakeholders.
- Process modeling experience – Pro II and HYSYS/Unisim, HTRI, hydraulic modelling, etc.
Nice to have:
- Safeguarding/HAZOP/Process Safety Review/Hazard and Effects Management Process exposure is an asset.
- A strong process engineering technical background with process knowledge of upgrading operations is desirable.
- Experience with Turn Around readiness and Plant Shutdown activities would be considered an asset.
- Process engineering focal point for management of change work experience with tank operation and maintenance would be considered an asset.