Airswift has been tasked by one of our major oil & gas clients to seek a Process Engineer to work within their facilities located in Superior, WI for an initial 6-month assignment.
Within this position you will be responsible for supporting and troubleshooting the restart of a refinery rebuild. Alongside this, will identify production opportunities, implementing plant improvement projects, and troubleshooting production problems.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Perform engineering calculations to enhance equipment and product quality
- Make recommendations to improve unit yield, improve catalyst life and/or optimize energy consumption
- Make decisions independently on engineering problems and techniques to correct or improve process issues
- Maintain understanding of all Safety, Health and Environmental issues that impact the unit, refinery, and personnel
- Evaluate the economic feasibility of projects assigned and provide Process Engineering services
Previous education and experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering required
- 5+ years of professional process engineering experience
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Desktop Applications
- Experience with PI
- Experience with SAP or other Business Enterprise Software
- Process simulation experience with HYSYS