Airswift has been tasked to recruit for a Senior Process Engineer to work in Pernis, Netherlands for a 2 years contract starting in Nov 2021.
Working on Plant change and Project development of the refinery, the senior process engineer is working closely together with technology, operations, inspection, business and the project organization. He or she performs a key role in providing support for the production units, giving assurance on the Management of Change process and developing and implementing projects. Investments in all categories (1-10M, 10-100M, >100M) are being developed in the process engineering team to improve the safety, environmental performance, reliability, and profitability of the Pernis Site. Typically, these investments are focussed around TA planning for various units for the coming years. The process engineering role consists of the following three categories 1) MOC 2) Projects 3) Unit support
Requires a Masters (minimum of a bachelor's degree) in relevant technical field and may be have an advanced degree and/or at least 15-20 years of related experience in applying the discipline skill(s) to oil gas projects.
In depth familiarity with a wide variety of the discipline's concepts, practices, and procedures.
Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and directs the work of others. Provides expert consultation in one or more areas for the design, development and implementation of technical products and systems.
Typically reports to higher level supervisor or manager.
Discipline Head or Project Leader for small to midsize projects.
Good knowledge of refining processes in general. The candidate for this process engineer role is expected to:
• Value and respect all People/Integrity/Customer Focus/Act for the Greater Whole.
• Manage a diverse work list with varying length of timelines, varying levels of urgency, interrelationships and varying stakeholders.
• Independent, be proactive and able to find his/her way in a complex refinery environment, working closely with Operations, Maintenance, Inspection and the other Engineering disciplines to ensure thorough and complete communication of process issues at hand.
• Taking the lead when necessary to facilitate problem resolution when the problem requires Process Engineering knowledge and expertise.
• Ensure Process Engineering activities are conducted fully in line with Shell Group and governmental regulations.
• Have good working knowledge in both English and Dutch and fluent in one of those.
• Have strong communication skills as well as the ability to cooperate with external parties (clients, Engineering contractors, etc).
• Prior manufacturing experience is strongly desired along with process engineering experience and experience with the development of projects.
• “VCA-vol” qualification is a requirement before starting activities, in view of necessity to do site visits.
• Having knowledge of applicable codes and standards (API/RTOD/ASME/PED) in the petrochemical industry, knowledge specifically with the Shell internal standard DEP would be an advantage.
• Able to use process simulator PROII to perform flash calculations, and more complex simulations, when required.
• Able to review the quality and completeness engineering documents. Able to pinpoint problem areas and bring forward creative solutions considering a minimum technical scope philosophy.
• Proficient and flexible with IT systems and software.
• Physical condition should be such that actual construction and line-up of the process systems can be verified in the field and all visible and audible warning signals can be detected.