Airswift is now recruiting for a Process engineer to work in Pernis, Netherlands for a 2 years contract starting in November 2021.
The process engineer is working closely together with technology, operations, inspection, business and the refinery project organization. He or she performs a key role in providing support for the production units, giving assurance on the Management of Change process and developing and implementing projects. Investments in all categories (1-10M, 10-100M, >100M) are being developed in the process engineering team to improve the safety, environmental performance, reliability, and profitability of the Pernis Site. Typically, these investments are focussed around TA planning for various units for the coming years. The process engineering role consists of the following three categories 1) MOC 2) Projects 3) Unit support Qualifications Chemical engineering education, academic thinking and working level with experience in the industry, preferably obtained while working at engineering contractors in process engineering or process safety design.
Requires a bachelor's degree in a relevant technical field and/or 2-5 years of experience in applying the discipline skill to oil and gas projects. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks for a specific project phase. Works under general supervision. Technical assurance review is required for the majority of the work products. Has an understanding of how the particular discipline interfaces / integrates with the overall project work scope. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
The candidate for this process engineer role is expected to:
• Value and respect all People/Integrity/Customer Focus/Act for the Greater Whole.
• Manage a diverse work list with varying length of timelines, varying levels of urgency, interrelationships and varying stakeholders.
• Independent, be proactive and able to find his/her way in a complex refinery environment, working closely with Operations, Maintenance, Inspection and the other Engineering disciplines to ensure thorough and complete communication of process issues at hand.
• Taking the lead when necessary to facilitate problem resolution when the problem requires Process Engineering knowledge and expertise.
• Ensure Process Engineering activities are conducted fully in line with Shell Group and governmental regulations.
• Have good working knowledge in both English and Dutch and fluent in one of those.
• Have strong communication skills as well as the ability to cooperate with external parties (clients, Engineering contractors, etc).
• Prior manufacturing experience is strongly desired along with process engineering experience and experience with the development of projects.
• “VCA-vol” qualification is a requirement before starting activities, in view of necessity to do site visits.
• Having knowledge of applicable codes and standards (API/RTOD/ASME/PED) in the petrochemical industry, knowledge specifically with the Shell internal standard DEP would be an advantage.
• Able to use process simulator PROII to perform flash calculations, and more complex simulations, when required.
• Able to review the quality and completeness engineering documents. Able to pinpoint problem areas and bring forward creative solutions considering a minimum technical scope philosophy.
• Proficient and flexible with IT systems and software.
• Physical condition should be such that actual construction and line-up of the process systems can be verified in the field and all visible and audible warning signals can be detected.